Search results

1. bluenoser1993

New type of teleconverter coming from Canon alongside a Supertelephoto zoom

It would be great if this new multi focal length design eliminated the protruding lens element so it could go on 70-200. Currently use a EF 100-400 set up near the finish line of sprint canoe/kayak events and get front on action during the race at 400mm, but sometimes 100mm for the side on...
  2. bluenoser1993

Review: Canon RF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM by CameraLabs

I agree to this point. On a trip to Europe this summer I used the RF24-105L for walking around. When I checked in Lightroom I discovered images between 35-70mm were less than 5% and typically I wished I had more wide angle than 24mm and often 105mm was not enough. With the 70-200 f4 being so...
  3. bluenoser1993

Canon officially announces the development of the RF 100-500 f/4.5-7.1L IS USM, 1.4x and 2.0x extenders

I’m not sure how a spacer could work. Consider the 70-200 and a future big white mounted directly to a camera, both lenses are designed to fill the sensor at that distance. The lens of the 1.4x has to be oriented between the body and both lenses the same or it would affect the image...
  4. bluenoser1993

Canon officially announces the development of the RF 100-500 f/4.5-7.1L IS USM, 1.4x and 2.0x extenders

I agree completely, plus you still have access to 100mm instead of 140mm. That matters to me as I need the reach for the racing event on the water and then try to capture the smiles as they paddle back into the dock. However, they announced a 2x alongside this 100-500 as well, which puts it...
  5. bluenoser1993

Correction: Canon is bringing us an RF 24-105mm f/4-7.1 IS STM Macro

Thanks slclick, exactly the point. Not likely that I will ever own this lens, but even less likely that I will ever belittle someone I see using it, or a rebel for that matter. Laslen makes one good point though, shooting 560mm at f8 is indeed a lot different than 105mm at f7.1, it requires...
  6. bluenoser1993

Correction: Canon is bringing us an RF 24-105mm f/4-7.1 IS STM Macro

Wow people don't seem to have a grip on reality tonight. f/7.1, that's only good for a paper weight, a rebel user, ignorant new entrants customers, batting practice...... seriously folks, need to go home if the clouds come out!? Talk to the people that have spent 3k to mount a 100-400 on a 1.4x...
  7. bluenoser1993

Major Canon announcements in February and May of this year [CR2]

Does third party grip for the R exist? I haven’t found one.
  8. bluenoser1993

5Diii/5Ds/5DsR all shared the BG-E11, so with this talk of an Astro model and a high res model I thought they would perhaps share the body to keep production cost down and hence share the grip
  9. bluenoser1993

Anyone want to speculate whether or not the new R bodies will use the BG-E22 grip, or a new grip model? I've gotten to the point of wanting a grip, but reluctant to order from the USA at $250 (order from USA because it's $600 in Canada), only to have it worth less than $100 when the R is...
  10. bluenoser1993

Aging eyes with the 5D Mark iii and Canon EOS R/RP questions

Sharp might be a relative term of course, but at least focus is were it should be. This shot of my son is probably from 100-125m @400mm and cropped to 5241 x 2861 (about 15MP). You can see from the buoy numbers that the focus plane is in the right place, something I struggled with on this lens...
  11. bluenoser1993

Aging eyes with the 5D Mark iii and Canon EOS R/RP questions

I was a user of Focal to dial in lenses and it worked well for the most part, except for my 100-400 II. On both a 7DII and 5Ds I could not get it sharp at long range. Perhaps because I couldn't set up the targets nearly far enough away to simulate shooting 125 - 250m distance over water...
  12. bluenoser1993

EOS R, Canon BG-E22 Battery Grip review?

I’ve been waiting to buy this grip for a while, 3 kids in volleyball which results in a lot of time in portrait orientation. Trouble is, $600 in Canada and $250 in USA. I don’t understand the price difference, it makes no sense. I don’t like buying things without having my hands on it first...
  13. bluenoser1993

Canon EF 85mm f/1.4L IS Review and Comparisons | Dustin

Thanks Dustin, the reviews are greatly appreciated. I thought I would be all over the new 85 when it was announced, but the comparisons really showed me the Tamron is good enough for my uses. Then the opportunity to buy a store demo for $700CAD with full warranty made it a no brainer. Very...
  14. bluenoser1993

Is the 70-200 2.8 IS II One of the "Best" 85mm Lenses?

Typically the information is easy to find for venues. For example, the NFL has a lens length limit of 6 inches at all stadiums. The 135 is perfect for this and can be combined with a 1.4x if you are further from the field.
  15. bluenoser1993

Another Canon EF 135mm f/2L IS USM Mention [CR2]

+1 I would actually prefer the new 85L IS and sell my 135 for it because the focal length would be better for me in a lot of cases. The thing stopping me for now is the ability to travel with the 135 and 1.4x and leave the 100-400 home when I'm needing to get through airports with my gear plus...
  16. bluenoser1993

Tilt Shift Lens advice

I would agree fully with Valvebounce and add that all the TS seen on eBay is an indication of how difficult they can be to sell, at least in a small market part of Canada from my experience. I loved the whole idea of TS and luckily got a used 17mm for a great price. After 3 years of no shots...
  17. bluenoser1993

85mm f/1.2L II or 85mm f/1.4L IS?

I admit, reading my post again I see I didn't articulate my thoughts very well. Killer for indoor sports at f/1.4 to stop motion in volleyball, and have the ability to put the 1.4x I already own on it for the ocations I'd like to get close to the 135 focal length, still at f/2 and the benifit...
  18. bluenoser1993

85mm f/1.2L II or 85mm f/1.4L IS?

Any chance the 85 f1.4 IS might accept a teleconverter? With design advances you can be sure image quality at 119 f2 would be as good or better than the old 135L. I'd sell the 135 to fund that for sure. It would be killer for gymnasium sports.
  19. bluenoser1993

New 5DSR Vs. refurbished.

I bought a used 5Ds with 6k on the shutter (trusting the seller and aligned with the file numbers) just after Christmas for $3000 CAD. That's just a little over $2200 US, considering the tax on new or referb I am very happy with the savings.
  20. bluenoser1993

New Instant Rebates on EOS 5D Mark IV, EOS 7D Mark II and EOS 77D Kits

Re: New Instant Rebates on EOS 5D Mark IV & EOS 7D Mark II Kits Sometimes you get lucky. A few months ago I sold my 7DII bought new paired with a 17-55 f2.8 bought used for $2200 Canadian. Ignoring the sales tax, my cost of ownership for 2 years was $150.