Search results

1. bluenoser1993

Poor Image Quality at Infinity with 35mm Typical?

Maybe a crazy question, but I sold a 35L a couple years ago because I found it a little soft when focus was at infinity, even when stopped down. It was amazing for closer work, I assumed it was just the copy I had. Now I'm experiencing it worse with a 35 f/2 IS, albeit wide open. Using it on...
  2. bluenoser1993

Different AFMA Values Saved to C1, C2...?

Has anyone tried saving different AFMA to a lens in the custom modes C1, C2, C3? I've only ever tested lenses at the one recommended distance with FoCal, but I've been thinking about testing my 100-400 at very long range, say 200 meters or so (with and without the 1.4x). The challenge will be...
  3. bluenoser1993

Do prices bottom out then rebound when a new model is released?

Hi, I'm just wondering if people have noticed a trend of the price of used gear reaching a low before then rebounding during the anouncement or release of a new model? If so, when does the lowest price usually occur? I think the 24-105 L and 6D being renewed at the same time may be my...
  4. bluenoser1993

35mm f2 IS maximum magnification with tubes

I'm a little confused as to why Canon's specs for prime lenses show a "range" for max magnification when using extension tubes. For example, the 35mm f2 IS has a MM of 0.24X alone, when paired with the 25mm extension tube the spec sheet states a range of 1.04 - 0.79X. With the additional...
  5. bluenoser1993

Can Images be Aligned Manually to Form a Panoramic in Photoshop

Hi, I'm trialling Lr and Ps and so far I'm impressed. In making a 14 image pano from a beach looking out to two points of land there is a gap at about centre with an image containing no land, only horizon and clouds to align with. Ps won't join the image at this point and I end up with two...
  6. bluenoser1993

Tiffen 6.6 x 6.6 85-ND Filter Set Good Value?

Hi, I've been collecting Wonderpana equipment to use with a TS-E 17 and now other lenses via 77mm-145mm adaptor. So far all I had was the CPL, but now I'm excitedly waiting the delivery of the Tiffen set including 85, 85B, 85N3, 85N6, 85N9 in mint. The whole set was 200 Canadian, it would have...
  7. bluenoser1993

7D II Hot Pixel in Jpeg but not RAW

I recently purchased a used TSE 17 and just had a chance to do a little testing and experimenting with the tilting. I forgot to change my camera settings and so ended up with both full quality Jpeg and RAW files while shooting the test shots. When moving around the 100% image to compare DOF...
  8. bluenoser1993

Angle of View Possible with TS-E 17mm and Lee 100mm Adapter

I've found a lot of variance in numbers regarding the max shift without vignetting when using Lee's adapter and 100mm filter system. It would be helpful if someone has the actual shift possible, or the total angle of view. I'm looking to get the TS-E 17 but will be using it on a 7DII and I'm...
  9. bluenoser1993

Tilt/Shift vs UWA for Landscape DOF

I'm thinking seriously about a TS-E 17 or TS-E24II to use with a 7DII for landscape/seascape to maximize DOF. So far I've been disappointed with results using EFS10-22, 35L, or 24-105L stopped down to get sharp foreground and background. In the case of the 35L I actually wondered if it was...
  10. bluenoser1993

Should AFMA on a Set of Lenses Have Similar Spread from One Body to Another?

I have slowly been getting time to AFMA my lenses using Focal on my 7DII, after upgrading from 7D. I've noticed something that is strange to me, but maybe it is normal and I will ask this experienced group. These are the only two cameras I've ever had with this ability. The change in AFMA is...
  11. bluenoser1993

Use lens correction for pictures planned for stitching?

Just wondering if anyone has tried using the in camera lens distortion correction (or CPP) for a sequence of shots planned to be used in stitching software (i'm using ptGui) as compared to just using straight out of camera files? I'm guessing it adds one more opportunity for image degradation...
  12. bluenoser1993

100-400 II and 135 f2 L to Replace my 70-200 2.8 IS II (+ remaining kit shuffle)

I bought a 7D as my first DSLR mainly because of what I read about the 70-200. I loved the idea of the 2.8 plus it allowed me to add a 2xIII for what I thought would be occasional use. Well, with 4 kids and my wife all in sprint canoe and kayaking the 2x is on more than not, and frankly still...
  13. bluenoser1993

Gitzo QR Modification to Work With Sling Strap OR Switch to Arca-Swiss Style

I have a Gitzo GH1780QR head that I like because it is pretty secure and it is a very light combination with my carbon Gitzo tripod that folds small. I also have two plates which is enough as I only have one white lens with a foot (70-200 2.8 IS II). I want to ditch my 7D neck strap and go...
  14. bluenoser1993

FoCal Pro question about QoF comparison of my lenses

I just got FoCal Pro to run through my lenses on a 7D and the most disappointing part was when I ran out of lenses and tests to run, it is some great software. The manual states that the QoF numbers are not comparable from lens to lens, but if the lenses are run through back to back with the...
  15. bluenoser1993

70-200 f2.8II + 2xIII on 7D vs 300 f4 + 2xIII on 5D3

I currently use a 70-200 2.8 IS II + 2xIII with my 7D when the reach is required. This is maybe 10% of the time I use that lens at most and is why I went that route. When I do need the equivalent 640mm, it is for shooting my 4 children all involved in water sports (human powered, so focus...