Search results

1. RGF

Canon talks EOS R3, and confirms that it is not the flagship mirrorless

Will the R1 simply be a R3 Mark II? Will there be a market for both a R1 and R3? Seems like there may be too much overlap
  2. RGF

Canon to release a 100mp EOS R system camera next year [CR2]

100 MP camera with 40-60 MP lens. Hmmm...
  3. RGF

Canon launches “PHIL”, a photo culling app for iOS

Love to see this as LR plugin. Give star ratings or simply set flags (Keep, uncertain, toss). Ideally the ap would learn what I like and adjusting its ratings on how I adjust the flags or stars. On an iPhone - why bother. Seems more like a joke or someone's kids science project than a real...
  4. RGF

I need an new xl backpack

I have put a 600, 200-400, 2 1DX-ii bodies, 70-20, and I think 24-70 into a gura gear bataflae. Lifting / carrying the best was difficult but everything did fit
  5. RGF

Canon executives say a lot more coming in 2019

Canon seems to be saying opposite things. First camera market is going to collapse and then they are investing in it. wonder what they game plan is? confuse the competition?
  6. RGF

The future of the Canon EOS-1D X series [CR1]

like toi see a Pro R body sooner than later
  7. RGF

Canon RF 14-21mm f/1.4L USM one of the “crazy” lenses coming next year [CR1]

If you have to ask, you can not afford it. Given it size and cost, it could be made of gold
  8. RGF

does CFast have a future path?

Wifi cameras. We have them. I personally favor v fast removable cards (dual cards if possible). Probably will continue to be card costs. Cost seem to have stalled in the last few years and only gradually come down (during sale periods). 1TB SSD are now $100-200 while a 1TB CFast (if they...
  9. RGF

How large an SSD? 256GB - you can buy that in a card. It would be nice to have the SSD upgrade by a service center. I assume that an SSD will be faster than the new round of CFexpress cards
  10. RGF

With the announcements of CFexpress upgrades to XQD format, what is the future of Cfast? Both cards are sized reasonably - unlike the SD cards which I find too small. The XQD/CFexpress size is slightly smaller which is better for camera designers (cards are smaller, can make the camera smaller...
  11. RGF

Recommendation for a CP filter

I need to replace a CP filter. I routinely use B+W but have tried Signh Ray though they are double + the price of B+W filters. I have also notice breakthrough filter. has anyone compared these and other high quality filters.
  12. RGF

Is the term ISO “totally fake”?

Try the following experiment - shoot a raw image at ISO 2000-6400, under exposed by 3-5 stops. Then in LR, increase the exposure by the 3-5 stops you underexposed the image. Repeat this time ISO 3-5 stops higher, properly exposed. Of course shot in manual mode. Compare the images My...
  13. RGF

Is the term ISO “totally fake”?

Difference between 2 cameras and LENS. Could the difference be the T factor on the lens. a full stop is a lot but 1/3 to 2/3 is possible!
  14. RGF

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III field testing has begun [CR2]

RF/ML is the future. Just like digital supplanted film, RF / ML will supplant the dSLR/EOS sytem
  15. RGF

The manual for the Canon EOS RP is now available for your reading pleasure

Reading pleasure. Someone must have a strange sense of humor.
  16. RGF

Patent: 500mm and 600mm diffractive optic lenses

To release a RF mount supertele Canon will need an R body with high FPS for action. This should be interesting ... in 3 to 5 years :D
  17. RGF

5 axis IBIS coming to next Canon EOS R series camera [CR2]

wonder how Nikon combines lens and body stabilization?
  18. RGF

Review: The stellar Canon RF 50mm f/1.2L USM

another technology wonder piece. Not useful me (wild life shooter) but nice to see what canon can do ..