Search results

1. S

Samyang/Rokinon 135mm on Sony a7r, a7s & a7rII

Dustin Abbott's excellent review of this remarkable bargain of a lens prompted me to buy one, though as I prefer not to MF on a dslr I bought the Sony E mount variant rather than the Canon. In case anyone cares about how this lens performs on 12mp, 36mp and 42mp sensors in Sony FF E mount...
  2. S

EF-S 10-18mm - a few early photos on SL1 & Sony a6000

I received mine a couple of days ago and briefly tried it on two successive days walking home from work via City Hall in Philadelphia, the first day with it attached to the Sony a6000, the second to the Canon SL1. Here are a few photos from each day, mostly within parts of the building. All...
  3. S

Superzooms, again

After all the angst about whose 50mm primes are trash, this might amuse (sorry if it's already been posted somewhere, but if it was I couldn't find it). The fact that it's about Nikon is neither here nor there, though I guess some may want to complain about that, too...
  4. S

SL1/100D vs EOS-M image quality

(Apologies if this has been asked/answered before, but if so I can't find it.) I couldn't stand using the EOS-M but was impressed by its image quality as far as APS-C sensors go, somewhat better than the Rebel I briefly used for a while as a back-up. Can anyone who has used both in RAW mode...
  5. S

Cicala on Lens testing

Yet another blog article by Roger Cicala that's worth reading: http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2013/10/there-is-no-perfect-lens-test-either
  6. S

Yet another question re ultrawide lenses

I would like a lens, preferably for FF, that goes wider than my 17-40 L and with less mushy corners. I've rented Sigma 12-24 II and Tokina 16-28 and both of those - the copies I rented, anyway - were much better on the edges and in corners. I've also owned and/or rented on APS-C Sigma 8-16...