Search results

1. O

There are 4 wide-angle L prime lenses coming in the next 12 months [CR2]

Could it also be about video as a higher priority nowadays as well?
  2. O

@CR Team: Why adding ads to an ad free account?

Same, ad to left and to bottom. Logging out shows a lot more arent showing though.
  3. O

Canon EOS R3 and Canon EOS R5 to receive new firmware next week

Thats a pretty nice addon if it actually helps with heat.
  4. O

Some of the big drawcards like raw video now come standard so there isnt the risk/reward impetus there used to be. Which might be a result of ML in itself, so well done. There is some progress being made on the R5, but its very recent and a long way to go.
  5. O

You will, because film screens are huge and phones arent - the reason upright is more popular is because otherwise subjects are smaller, given a lot of content is a single person, ie the focus is mostly on portraits rather than landscapes.
  6. O

In 15 years we'll probably have people complaining about silly horizontal videos.
  7. O

Here are the Canon EOS R7 and Canon EOS R10

I think thats a fairly generous take on marketting strategies. But when smart and stupid start to appear theres not much point in continuing.
  8. O

Canon is gearing up to finally release a high megapixel camera with 100+ megapixels [CR3]

Someone else probably thinks buying a camera that does 30fps at 24 is pretty silly too. Didnt stop you.
  9. O

I think the naming alone means Canon cant entirely escape these comparisons, it wasnt a coincidence that it was released as an R7 vs an R24b, and the R10 as the supposed 0D line replacement - they haven't been reunited, they've been replicated, but with some change in focus as it becomes...
  10. O

Thanks, I just noticed weasel words and assumed something had to give. Wondered if the smaller battery might have an impact in some way too on processing speed etc.
  11. O

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R7, Canon EOS R10 and two new RF-S lenses

Sorry, looks like this was sorted before I posted.
  12. O

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R7, Canon EOS R10 and two new RF-S lenses

As is a manual flash connector, headphone jack, 24fps video and any number of other things that are essential to some and useless to others that occasionally get dropped from otherwise desirable cameras. Quibbling over whether something is 'really' essential misses the point that it is...
  13. O

"you'd probably get slightly better image quality with the R5 but slightly better AF performance with the R7 (if it's true that it matches the R3 in Servo AF performance)." This is too similar to the old '1DX AF in the 7D' talk for my liking. I see lots of 'borrowed from R3' talk but nothing...
  14. O

Here is what Canon is announcing next, including the EOS R7, EOS R10 and RF-S lenses [CR3]

About as much as they think about sculptors or painters I suspect.
  15. O

Here is what Canon is announcing next, including the EOS R7, EOS R10 and RF-S lenses [CR3]

I can respect that as an achievement, but by definition you've made yourself an outlier.
  16. O

Thats true, it might only be hundreds of dollars.
  17. O

Lack of infinite money might be one reason.
  18. O

Even if its a wash in practise, its a good deal. But the other features will be pretty important too, ie AF etc.
  19. O

Canon EOS R7 specifications [CR3]

I think its more they 'could' still have a place, but how much they will is tricky to predict in the current market situation.