Search results

1. Skulker

Bears in the Wild

Some Brown Bears If you want to see a larger copy or more images just click on an image.
  2. Skulker

Your best animal shots!

Some lovely images there. Love the gorilla ones.
  3. Skulker

Your best animal shots!

I do like bears. All these are totally wild the first one is a bit of a crop, but I was about 20ft away from his teeth. :) They really are not scared of you at all!
  4. Skulker

Bears in the Wild

He looks healthy alright. I would love to go back to BC to see the bears again.
  5. Skulker

Bears in the Wild

Not that brave really. I "forgot" to mention it was a vertical space. He was looking right up at the camera noise. The only brave bit was the wife was standing behind me. But I didn't think she would push me. ;D
  6. Skulker

Bears in the Wild

Thanks Click, that was quick!
  7. Skulker

Introducing the Canon EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS II

I got this lens and now looking at the images I am very please. I can't tell looking at the output if they were taken with this lens or my 300 f2.8. And that is high praise indeed.
  8. Skulker

Post Your Best Landscapes

I've been up north!
  9. Skulker

Bears in the Wild

How about a large male polar bear from about 20 feet :o :o :o With nothing between us but camera, lens and some air. 8) http://www.natural-world-images.com/img/s3/v7/p1389426670-6.jpg
  10. Skulker

Do More Mega Pixels translate in a richer photo?

I'll be interested to see if there is any real improvement. But your first point is exactly what the OP did not want to consider. Oh and so is your second point. Your third point is news to me I hadn't realized that the chip size was larger than FF. Well you live and learn. There will be...
  11. Skulker

Possibly ok after dropped?

That was done dropping from hand onto a curb????????? are you sure?????? I think the insurance company might have some questions?
  12. Skulker

Share 3x your own advice to yourself!

1) simplify the image. Crop out with composition anything that doesn't add to the image. 2) shoot raw. Keep your options open. 3) develop your own style. Shoot the images you want to shoot.
  13. Skulker

Does Canon really deserve this?

There definitely seem to be a few posters who for some reason concentrate on denigrating Canon. Generally they seem to post long justification for their opinion. Anyone who reads what they write would be given the impression that Canon camera can't take a decent image. And everyone with the...
  14. Skulker

ISO TESTING, BY STUPID METHODS

Nice to see some honest tests. so many we see on here are clearly done to make Canon look bad. These images show what can be expected in the nighttime shots. It would be nice to see some of the "bird" photo's taken with a less extreme lens.
  15. Skulker

Introducing the Canon EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS II

Re: Introducing the Canon EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS II ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) Just when you think you won't be surprised by comments on here. Someone will reach a new standard.
  16. Skulker

If Canon releases a high MP DSLR, would our lenses fall victim to obsolescence?

I'm not looking for more MP or more DR, only because I don't think I have a use for the extra pixels, and I don't find problems with exposure that DR will help with. So I'm generally on the other side of the fence from you. BUT I have no objection to the idea of more MP's or more DR. Its just...
  17. Skulker

Canon 7Dii vs Nikon D750 Dynamic Range Test

Because he's deliberately messing up the shots taken with the Canon? No surely not! After all he's already said he favors Canon and I'm sure he wouldn't tell porkies just to get traffic onto his website. I'm convinced this is a fair and reasonable test. No, you're not convinced? Well as good...
  18. Skulker

If Canon releases a high MP DSLR, would our lenses fall victim to obsolescence?

Not for me. I don't think I want more MP's. MegaPixies don't constrain my photographic endeavors very much. I seldom want to crop so much that I cant output at the size I need for prints or digital files. To the contrary I normally reduce the size of the image. Would bigger files give me...
  19. Skulker

Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM

Re: Canon EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM ;D Well done that man! ;D