Search results

1. D

Why did you switch to RF?

FPS, buffer, eye-AF, AF on the whole sensor and the evolution to CFe cards. I have no issues with resolution or IQ on my 5 D4. But several times I have hit the buffer and wanted more fps.
  2. D

Show your Bird Portraits

That's a cute little guy. I can see why you would want the pics. Nicely done!
  3. D

240408 solar eclipse (totality)

Also...I hadn't realized how much larger than the sun the moon was going to be this time around. At no point did I see the solar prominences around the entire sun. Near the start of the eclipse: Then near the end of the eclipse: ......a close up of the prominences... ..while not...
  4. D

Thanks. I can see that one ending up on my wall. I do really like it.
  5. D

As I mentioned, we were battling cloud cover with the eclipse where outside of Austin (Texas). I was wondering if it would lead to some unique photos. I thought I had missed the diamond ring...but I have about 3 shots where I zoomed out to 200 mm on the RF 200-800 to try to capture the scene...
  6. D

Thank Maximilian. Quick FYI, next one is Spain in Aug 2026….you could catch a train. Thanks @danfaz Incredible detail @neuroanatomist Love it.
  7. D

RF 200-800mm vs RF 100-500mm very close up

:) Thanks. It turned out good. Stressful. I had a house with several family members outside Austin (under totality). The forecast has been calling for clouds. We saw a small window (using an astrophotography app :LOL:) that ended up being right. We had a very brief window, mostly before...
  8. D

Still down here in Austin (Texas). But I did give my images a quick glance. We were in danger leading up to the eclipse of rain/clouds. But, there was a small window we kept counting on and decided to hang tight with our plan rather than drive for hours chasing a better chance of clear skies...
  9. D

Just piling on a bit as to how almost unexpectedly good the RF 200-800 lens is. But, I am headed out to photograph next week's eclipse. For a long time, I had assumed I would photograph it with the 500 II. Now I am debating which lens will be my primary. I did some test shots on Saturday...
  10. D

Thank you for taking the time to do the analysis Alan.
  11. D

Show your Bird Portraits

For the Florida trip, I used the 200-800 on Friday and the 500 f/4 II on Saturday. Somewhat intentional to give each an extended try but also there were heavy clouds/rain on Saturday so I wanted the extra aperture. I bought the RF 200-800 with a very specific use in mind where I did not like...
  12. D

Show your Bird Portraits

Thanks Click!
  13. D

Show your Bird Portraits

Also at Seven Wetlands in Lakeland, FL Red Shouldered Hawk....not liking the rain...
  14. D

Show your Bird Portraits

Thanks Eric. I agree. The one with the spiderweb caught me eye as well.
  15. D

Show your Bird Portraits

A few from a walk along "Seven Wetlands" in Lakeland Florida
  16. D

Show your Bird Portraits

:) Nothing wrong and a whole lot is right with those pictures. I'll be curious as you bounce back and forth which combination you end up preferring.
  17. D

Canon EOS R5 Firmware v2.0.0 Released

So, this all gets to be the people we know and the circles we run in and what individual people are trying to accomplish....but, other than this forum, I am only aware of extremely satisfied R5 owners, including myself. Matter of fact, the refrain I hear most often is that R5 owners are...
  18. D

Your Best Cityscape Shots

I am alternating processing two trips, one for Florida for birds and then a work trip to UK and Belgium in early March. Sunday March 3rd, I landed in Heathrow, got to my hotel and did my usual of walking around trying to stay up to 8-9 pm to try to get on the time zone. Taken on my jet...
  19. D

Show your Bird Portraits

Love it! Sometimes creative photography is just making people see something differently. Well done!
  20. D

Show your Bird Portraits

A good days work.