Search results

1. K

radio transmitter YN-622C is doing weird things to EX 580II?

I have been using a speedlite 580 EXII for years and in order to get better wireless transmissio, I bought a set of YN-622C transceivers for wireless TTL (yongnuo). This works perfectly with my EX II 430, but when I tried it on my 580 EXII, the flash fires as it should, but as soon as more than...
  2. K

Eos m10 notes

Eos M10 Notes For Canon DSLR users The guide accompanying the eos m10 is just a quick guide with no full manual, an online pdf serves as full manual. The following is a list of what I found to be not really evident or self-explanatory. Between brackets is the relevant page in the manual...
  3. K

Elinchrom rx-one life expectancy

Does anybody know how long studio flashes like the rx-one from elinchrom are supposed to last? I had mine about a year and it blew up with considerable noise. on opening it up, the condensor had burned itself and part of the circuit off the main board. I'd estimate the amount of times it has...
  4. K

Steadicam Merlin / Solo

Does anybody have an idea if the steadicam merlin is compatible with the steadicam solo arm and vest? I have a merlin, but no arm and vest and I would love to get one, but the stores have started selling the solo instead of the merlin. I can't find any statment if they are compatible, even...
  5. K

Speedlite 580 vs Elinchrom RX-one

Hi guys, a few weeks ago, I was considering an external power pack to take my studio flashes outside (elinchrom rx-one) and you saved me from an expensive mistake by explaining that the pack i wanted to use from goal zero was not suited. So while looking for alternatives, I thought I'd test my...
  6. K

85 1.2L DOF question

Is there anybody who could help me out with this? i was using the 85 1.2L wide open and noticed that when the face of my subject was in focus, her feet were out of focus and the grass in front of them was in focus. Doest his mean that the focus plane behaves like a cricle (anything with distance...
  7. K

Portable Power for studio lights

I know there are a number of (expenive) professional kits to provide power to a studio kit on location when no AC is available, but i came across the goalzero products (which are intended for laptops and electronics) and I was wondering, could one of the these like the yeti 150...
  8. K

Expierience with laminating photo's?

Does anybody here have experience with laminating their pictures? i saw Fellowes has matte laminating pouches when visiting a school supplies store and the results looked pretty good on the example pictures they had laminated, so I was wondering does anybody have experience in laminating their...
  9. K

50 F1.4 durabilty question

Yesterday, I dropped my 50 F1.4 from about a metre (about 3 feet) onto a hardwood floor (forgot to listen for the click while mounting it) I saw it bounce about twice before coming to rest and the focus system is broken. It works until the camera focuses at infinity and then it can not get out...
  10. K

Would this be original lastolite hilites?

Hi guys, I've been trying to do high key pictures with the help of normal living room curtains as a kind of cheap option, but I noticed that amazon itself has the lastolite 5x7 hilite background for 90 UK pounds (equivalent to 140 dollars), which is less than 1/3 of the normal 300 pound (450...