Search results

1. Krob78

Glistening Green Tanager (Ecuador)

Absolutely stunning bird! Thank you for that Glenn! The green in this little guy, reminds me of the brilliant Green colors in the Eclectus Parrot...
  2. Krob78

Join my friend Andy Biggs at 12PM EST today for his free Lightroom & Wildlife webinar

Would have loved this. Tried to join the meeting for about 40 minutes, finally gave up...
  3. Krob78

Two new EOS R bodies coming in the first half of 2020 [CR3]

Well said my friend! I have the 7d2, 5d4 and the R. All capable pieces of equipment, but each with their particular nuances. I do find switching between the 5d4 and the 7d2, to be quite instinctive or easier, yet switching to the R after either of the others is still a challenge for me. My...
  4. Krob78

Need help, buying Cannon EOS R: Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM v. RF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM

Both are great lenses. I have owned the EF 24-105mm, and it was a workhorse, loved it on my 7d and 5d3 and 5d4. Used it for a myriad of images. I bought an EF 16-35 f/4 and hardly ever used the EF 24-105 again. I use it for street, architectural, real estate and landscape, but not much for...
  5. Krob78

New major firmware for the Canon EOS R should arrive soon

Same sensor, better processor! I agree, though not a perfect replacement for a 5d IV, I find it to be much better than everyone had thought it would be with the negative vocalizations and negative press... So far I like it, I'm hoping that once I've acclimated myself to it and the system...
  6. Krob78

The next EOS R system camera gets a mention again [CR1]

Right... Unfortunately, it's only doing 5 fps with tracking enabled.. fortunately, I've got good form and skills for tracking over the years! lol.. Yes, I'd have to agree, it would most likely have to be a dual digic arrangement, for certain. Fortunately, I do have the current R model and...
  7. Krob78

I understand how you feel, I do have some agreement with your previous post points as well. Being mirrorless, it just seems as if they could squeeze perhaps 10-12 fps out of it, without much effort. For me personally, if they had to go from 70mp to 50mp, I'd be okay with it. If I did venture...
  8. Krob78

I still think that dual card slots would be great, but maybe not having a CF card slot. I think we don't need that as the extra slot anymore...
  9. Krob78

Agreed! 70mp is overkill for me as well, I'd gladly trade off some of those mp's for faster frame rate. The EOS R is definitely substandard with it's frame rate for FF mirrorless in my opinion. I do own a copy of the EOS R and I think it's a huge step in the right direction. I find as I did...
  10. Krob78

Show your Bird Portraits

Beautiful Silhouette!
  11. Krob78

Show your Bird Portraits

Gorgeous!!
  12. Krob78

Show your Bird Portraits

Super nice Jeff! :cool:
  13. Krob78

BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

The first image of the immature Bald Eagle is really nice as well. I love all 3 of them and I agree, the 3rd image, has that Bald Eagle, looking pretty bad ass! 8)
  14. Krob78

Simply Beautiful Snappy! :D
  15. Krob78

I prefer the 2nd one too! The sky and the overall image, seems to resolve just a tad better for me... Great catch!
  16. Krob78

Great question Jack and one we've often wondered about ourselves, being it's so sunny and warm down here, why would they want to leave, unless somebody was pressuring the Robins. As of late, we've also noted a large number of Large, Jet Black, feathered birds in the area that we suspect are...
  17. Krob78

Robins in flight... Heading North soon!
  18. Krob78

Anhinga! Airborne!!
  19. Krob78

Osprey, Down the barrel!