Search results

1. A

What Do You Want To See in the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV?

My mistake. You can only do this with a speedlight attached. Don't get me wrong. I understand the need for the feature, but I figured there was a workaround for current users (at least with a speed light attached). Hopefully that will save at least one of us a headache while waiting for the...
  2. A

What Do You Want To See in the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV?

Such a simple fix for this already guys. shoot in Av but lock you shutter speed to your desired setting in the Menu. Auto ISO works as requested. No need for Auto ISO in Manual mode....Manual means FULLY manual.
  3. A

E-TTL: To use or not?

I use manual flash when I CARE to control the light. It does takes practice to know that you have to compensate by a stop when you move from 2.8 ft to 4 feet (or vice versa, or from 4 ft to 5.6 ft, etc.) I find that Manual gives me "better" light. ETTL tends to meter a little under and photos...
  4. A

60D Owners - Overall, are you happy with your camera?

well... i sold mine to help pay for my 5D mark III. Of course, there was a noticeable difference in IQ and low light capability but for $460, that's a pretty good deal. For your use, it should be fine.
  5. A

Hazy California

You can try driving south for about 45 minutes to Orange County. It's not as smoggy. I don't like driving to LA. The air there always gives me a pretty bad cough. =)
  6. A

New PowerShot & EOS Cameras to Offer DOF Control?

Re: New PowerShot & EOS Cameras to Offer DOF Control? +1
  7. A

Sigma 50mm f/1.4 ART vs Canon 50mm f/1.2 - Quick Comparison Photos

thanks for all the work you put into this for us =)
  8. A

Portrait of your "Best friend"

Cecil on grandpa's lap
  9. A

New 50mm Sigma ? There are other options !

agreed. our lead shooter will pull out the primes (14/50/100 MacroL) for the "creative shot" if the other shooter(s) have the important shots. The usual scenario is one shooter on a 24-70 (I or II), another shooter on 70-200 (I or II). We can get more than adequate shallow DOF with a 70-200...
  10. A

PMIdigital - worth it?

I purchased my 5D mk3, 70-200 2.8 IS II and my 24-70 2.8 II from them b/c at the time, their prices were better than B&H and Adorama. It wasn't THAT much of a discount but I saved a few hundred $. When I found my 24-70 was not as sharp as expected, they referred me over to a Canon service...
  11. A

EOS M Lens survey - your favorites, and your most wanted?

I think I'm all set with my current EF lenses and the EF to EF-M adapter. I'd like to see a EF-M 50mm but I'd probably be just fine using the EF 50mm 1.4 with the adapter.... maybe a compact 60mm Macro for the M mount.
  12. A

Galapagos Underwater - Darwin's Dream - Bronze Award

Awesome work, sir. I enjoyed every minute of it =)
  13. A

24-70/2.8 Canon or Tamron: Which did you choose and why?

I believe you'll find that people will be more willing to hear your arguments if you state them from a more neutral point of view. Your initial post, though very thorough, was worded in a way that made you come across crass. It seems it put some readers on the defensive. I personally...
  14. A

GREAT AND CHEAP BATTERIES FOR EOS-M

Thanks for the post, surapon. I too don't like the capacity of my Canon brand battery in my EOS M. I use my opteka brand more. I'll look into getting a couple of these, too.
  15. A

70-200 2.8 advice

I agree that financial responsibility is important. That said, since there are no mission critical events (since you do not make a living off of your photography), you can afford to save for longer to get what you actually want (the Canon 2.8 IS II). I personally feel you should get what you...
  16. A

Patents: Canon 85mm f/1.8 IS, 100mm f/2 IS, 135 f/2.8 IS

Re: Patents: Canon 85mm f/1.8 IS, 100mm f/2 IS, 135 f/2 IS ooh. I want an 85mm f/1.8 IS!
  17. A

IS Versions of the 50mm, 85mm & 135mm Coming? [CR1]

Re: IS Versions of the 50mm, 85mm & 135mm Coming? [CR1] I sold my 50mm f/1.4 a while ago because I didn't like what I saw between f/1.4-f/2.5. I was always shooting at f/2.8 anyway so I figured my 24-70 f/2.8 will do. With the new Sigma Art 50mm and these rumors, It'll be an exciting year...