Search results

1. JohanCruyff

Fixed lens “Retro” camera coming from Canon?

It needs to feature an APS-H sensor to deserve to be called a "Retro-Canon-Camera".
  2. JohanCruyff

Canon Patent Application: Triple-layer High Speed Stacked Sensor

Can this innovation mean 1) only more speed (improved FPS, rolling shutter etc.), 2) only more image quality (16 bit RAW files at a decent speed) or 3) both? Thanks.
  3. JohanCruyff

The Mirrorless Data is Clear: Canon is #1

Only because Pentax doesn't compete in this small market niche.
  4. JohanCruyff

Canon is actively conducting market research on a “retro” style camera body

I had the Silver + Black M6 (but with black viewfinder) and I liked it... except for the ergonomics, when paired with a "huge" lense like the EF-S 55-250mm STM. Now I'd like a Silver + Black camera with full format sensor and the size of (at least) a Canon R8. That would beautiful and I could...
  5. JohanCruyff

Are two versions of the RF 35L coming? [CR1]

I think a RF 135mm 1.8 IS DS would make more sense.
  6. JohanCruyff

Canon celebrates 20th consecutive year of No. 1 share of global interchangeable-lens digital camera market

[Sorry for the Off Topic]. You're certainly right. But my previous 50mm were the EF 50mm 1.8 STM and the RF 50mm 1.8 STM, and I consider the bokeh from the Sigma much better. Of course there's room for improvement, but my budget is limited. My 2023 improvement has been the replacement of the EF...
  7. JohanCruyff

Canon celebrates 20th consecutive year of No. 1 share of global interchangeable-lens digital camera market

Here in Italy the RF 50mm F1.8 STM costs some 200 euros and the RF 50mm F/1.2 L about 2.500. I used to hope that the future RF 50mm F/1.4 would cost more or less like the RF 85mm F/2 STM (about 700 euros here), but then I saw the price of the Sony 50mm F/1.4 GM: it's about 1.700 euros. So I'm...
  8. JohanCruyff

That's a quote from the movie "The Lord of The Red Rings"!
  9. JohanCruyff

A new super telephoto lens will be announced soon

Same here. When I decided to sell my 6D and my EF lenses (starting from scratch), some technical features of the A7III were apparently better than the ones on the EOS R. But i decided to avoid the risk of contagion. BTW I sold several EF Lenses and bought the RF similar versions (EF 24-105 L...
  10. JohanCruyff

What Canon-branded RF lenses do you want to see in 2023?

I know for sure that the Web needs to know that I suddenly found a nice offer (400 Eur) on a used Sigma 50mm F/1.4 Art , bought it and my R6 is happy with my first third party lens.
  11. JohanCruyff

What Canon-branded RF lenses do you want to see in 2023?

I have always liked 35mm better than 50mm ‎primes, but recently I started to wonder whether this depends on having owned "basic" 50mm (EF and RF STM) and "decent" 35mm (EF F/2 IS and RF F/1.8 Macro). I suggest Canon to allow me to make a test by releasing a "decent" RF 50mm F/1.4 (non L, IS or...
  12. JohanCruyff

This is the Canon RF lens roadmap

31 RF lenses (29 Full Frame and 2 APS-C) plus 2 extenders have been released since 2018. That's about 8 lens /year. If Canon keeps the same pace in 2023, hopefully we will see more than the 6 lensens remaining in the list written by @Canon Rumors Guy Canon TS-R 14mm f/4L Canon TS-R 24mm...
  13. JohanCruyff

A new rumor suggest that the Canon EOS R will be replaced by a Canon EOS R8 [CR1]

30.3mp Full-Frame Sensor DIGIC X 5-axis in-body stabilization 12fps Mechanical 4K 30p (No Crop) 4K 60p (Cropped) CFexpress/SD dual card slot More than a R-> R8, it seems to me a R6 killer. But maybe a R6 mark II is coming soon, with a R3 autofocus and other improvements.
  14. JohanCruyff

Canon will release an RF mount ‘vlogging’ camera in 2022 [CR3]

So the expected "Full Frame Sub 800$ Viewfinder-free R camera" could be an APS-C? https://www.canonrumors.com/canon-aiming-for-a-799-full-frame-camera-cr2/
  15. JohanCruyff

After the EOS R3, Canon will introduce new “affordable” RF mount cameras [CR1]

Never mind, Canon. I ordered a R6, so my second / backup body will be the R.
  16. JohanCruyff

After the EOS R3, Canon will introduce new “affordable” RF mount cameras [CR1]

Hey Canon, I sold my M6 and the EF-S / EF-M lenses I owned. I am waiting for a first / second / backup body and I would like to have more options.
  17. JohanCruyff

Canon RF 16mm f/2.8 STM and Canon RF 100-400mm f/5.6-8 IS USM have begun shipping

I ordered my RF 16mm on 17 october; it was supposed to be delivered today by Amazon.it, but it has been postponed to 19 november. :( :cry:
  18. JohanCruyff

Canon RF 16mm f/2.8 STM and Canon RF 100-400mm f/5.6-8 IS USM have begun shipping

I have ordered my copy (delivery date: early november) and I expect its quality to be in the RF 50mm F/1.8 league rather than in the RF 35mm. More than acceptable to me.
  19. JohanCruyff

Here is the Canon RF 16mm f/2.8 STM

Vignetting + Distortion could justify the (apparently low) price. We'll see if they disappear thanks to digital corrections.
  20. JohanCruyff

Here’s a full list of what will be announced with the Canon EOS R3 this month

"Canon EOS R3 camera body with a rumoured availability being in November."