Search results

1. L

Memory card containing firmware is required to update

I saw this issue on another website. The OP said : "After 6D firmware update successfully and SD card formatted," "When I pressed on the set button and re-checked the firmware, the above wording appeared. I then inserted another SD card and formatted it in the 6D. Checked firmware version...
  2. L

First time to Europe

I know it is an annoying question but I just couldn't figure out what to choose for my forthcoming trip. I am going to Amsterdam, Paris and Iceland for two weeks in late August. I have a 7D2 with some EFS lenses 10-18mm, 55-250mm STM and Sigma 17 50 2.8. Plus the two Canon pancake lenses and...
  3. L

Beautiful sunsets

Too Good Pond, Unionville, Markham, Ontario 40D/28-105mm USM II
  4. L

should I buy a 7D now for Cad $690

Thank you all for your advice and opinion. I have played with the 7D for 2 days and have decided to keep my 40D and save up more money for a FF (6D) by the end of the year. Except for the slightly better ISO, a more sophisticated AF system and some bells and whistles on the 7D, I don't see much...
  5. L

should I buy a 7D now for Cad $690

A friend offered to sell me her 7D (3yrs old) with around 6K clicks on it. The camera looks like new with all the original accessories. The owner allows my to test it thoroughly before I make up my mind. 7D was once one of my dream cameras but now a lot of newer models seem to have better...
  6. L

Latest on Magic Lantern?

You may be able to find your answers on the ML forum and download pages.
  7. L

Why CSI agents used only Nikon Cameras ?

Why ? Why ? Why ? Of course, I refer to the TV episodes only.
  8. L

Minolta MD to Canon EF adapter

Just get the correct filter size and you can start your macro project. BTW, don't forget to add a macro extender for more magnification.
  9. L

Post Your Best Landscapes

2 from me.
  10. L

Scratched the rear element of a Canon 24-70 F2.8 I

I bought it finally. $800. Price not bad for a UW(2009) L lens. (compared to similar item online) I tested it thoroughly from f2.8 to f22, 24mm to 70mm. Also shoot into bright light too. Doesn't seem to have any issue. I will use for a while before sending it for repair after I have saved up...
  11. L

I want to buy an 5D mk ii + 24-105 L IS kit over internet...

If you have friend in the States, you may consider to ask her to buy a refurbished one for you when it becomes available. http://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/cameras/refurbished-eos-digital-slr-cameras/eos-5d-mark-ii-body-refurbished Also ask your friend to take advantage of the Loyalty...
  12. L

I want to buy an 5D mk ii + 24-105 L IS kit over internet...

It shows 5D II kit in stock for $2,999.99 and they do ship for free worldwide.(click help and check international shipping) Do your country charge custom duty and tax for import ? Will Canon in Turkey honor warranty ?
  13. L

Should I get a clear filter for my lens?

So, spending $50 to $200 on a filter for a $1K to $2K L lens (about 5 - 10% of the cost of a L lens) seems to make sense. I think for lens filters of that price range, the quality would be pretty decent. Recently, due to carelessness, I scratched the coating of the (rear) element of a 24 70...
  14. L

Should I get a clear filter for my lens?

It's advisable to put UV/clear filters on "L" and expensive lenses for protection. For kit lens, don't worry about it. For lenses without filters, lens hood and front cap will protect the front element to a certain extent. For buying a decent UV filter, people invest 5 to 10%(or even more) of...
  15. L

Update : 1. Canon Canada charges $259(plus tax and delivery) for basic repair. Will report later for their full quote when it become available. 2.Get a quote from Midwest Camera repair "Replace the rear element is $258.00 + return shipping, includes clean, lube and adjust"...
  16. L

Sounds interesting but I don't think I can handle it. Thanks.
  17. L

Thank you for the suggestions. I have sent an inquiry to MidWest Camera already and will contact the local Canon Service center afterwards. If I can tolerate with the scratches (if there is only very little adverse effect on IQ)and don't have to send it for repair, which I think is going to cost...
  18. L

I borrowed this lens and took it out for shooting last weekend. The rear lens cap was not tightly screwed on causing the rear element badly scratched with visible coating damage. I have heard that a rear element scratch is detrimental. I put it on my 40D and took some pics. The scratches did...
  19. L

Will you buy it - 2 months' old 6D for $1000 on the Craigslist(Kijiji instead)

Price seems ridiculously low - reduced from 1.1K to 1K on the second day for a 2 months' old 6D. Then.......paypal ??..........shipping from remote area??........shutter count 2844 ??..........excellent condition.... everything seems too good to be true. My friend told me about it and sent me a...