Search results

1. wsmith96

Leica announces a silver version of the SL2

I've always liked the look of silver cameras. This Leica looks pretty sharp!
  2. wsmith96

Canon RF 200-500mm f/4L IS USM confirmed, likely in Q4 [CR3]

I'm sure they are getting their line up ready for the up-coming Olympics where zooms, like the above, would be valuable.
  3. wsmith96

It’s here, Canon RF 100-300mm f/2.8L IS USM officially announced

Hmm... Odd. There's nothing on TDP about this announcement or any partial review. Hope things are okay over there...
  4. wsmith96

It’s here, Canon RF 100-300mm f/2.8L IS USM officially announced

Nice looking lens, but I was a bit surprised to see how long that lens is compared to the 300 Mk II. I was really expecting an extending lens design. The zoom range would help me out for the subjects I shoot (high school sports/band, rodeo, etc.), but I'm not ready to part with the cash at...
  5. wsmith96

An image of the Canon RF 100-300mm f/2.8L IS USM has leaked ahead of the official announcement

Not what I was expecting, but still looks like an interesting lens. I agree with the majority that without the integrated teleconverter, I'm not as excited about it (but still happy to see it arrive). That said, I still think that the zoom range can replace both 70-200 and 300 lenses. Maybe...
  6. wsmith96

Canon RF 100-300mm f/2.8L IS USM next from Canon

At first, I also thought this price was a bit high. But thinking about the combined cost of my 300 mk ii and 70-200 plus the teleconverter, then I’m in the ball park of this lens (using list pricing). For me, this lens would replace my need for a 70-200. I’m not thrilled with the extending...
  7. wsmith96

Patent: Canon RF 300mm f/2.8L IS 1.4x plus other supertelephoto optical designs

This one may get me to convert to the EOS-R system.
  8. wsmith96

The Canon RF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM appears to be getting closer [CR3]

Backyard bird, pet, and portrait photography, livestock shows and rodeos.
  9. wsmith96

I use mine for high school football and band shooting. It does just fine there. I don't miss a 400 at all. In some cases, later in the season, I've used the 135 f/2 for both football and band with great results after cropping a bit. Most of my photos go online for the boosters, so cropping...
  10. wsmith96

I love my EF 300/2.8 II - looking forward to seeing the RF version.
  11. wsmith96

Are new dream lenses coming for the RF mount? [CR1]

Mine would be a RF (or EF) 35-150 f/2.8. I would only need 1 lens for 90% of my pics.
  12. wsmith96

Here is what Canon is announcing next, including the EOS R7, EOS R10 and RF-S lenses [CR3]

You'll know for sure if they also announce a RF to EF-M mounting adapter. But, I do agree with you.
  13. wsmith96

Canon announces the RF 800mm F5.6L IS USM and the RF 1200mm F8L IS USM

Definitely out of my price range, but so is most of the RF system for me. It is nice to see canon continuing to add to the RF system. One day, after both kids are out of college, I’ll make the switch. I still couldn’t afford these lenses though - and remain married.
  14. wsmith96

Patent: Canon RF 18-45mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM for APS-C sensor

Maybe aps-c isn't where this is going. Maybe their crop option could be aps-h?
  15. wsmith96

The Canon EOS Ra has been discontinued

That award would go to the 18.1 MP aps-c sensor….
  16. wsmith96

A new EOS R system camera is coming in January [CR2]

It's the 7D Mark III dslr, but with an RF mount :p
  17. wsmith96

Is September 14 the day we finally get the official Canon EOS R3 announcement?

With all the hype, the announcement will be a *yawn* moment.
  18. wsmith96

Patent: A new mirrorless camera body design with integrated grip with pass-through

If we are going there, it would make a nice hand towel bar too. Or, if made from magnesium, this could be he worlds largest set of brass knuckles... oh man, if the camera strap mount is really strong, it could double as a zip line handle.
  19. wsmith96

Patent: A new mirrorless camera body design with integrated grip with pass-through

By the screen, is that the touchbars or are those vents? To me it looks like the touchbars are on the grip itself.
  20. wsmith96

That is a radical design. You might be able to free up the real estate with the mechanical parts removed, but I agree it will be a tight fit. Should this be to address sensor heat, wonder how warm it will be by your fingers on this new grip.