Search results

1. D

Problems with Yongnuo YN-600EX-RT on Eos R5

Good Morning! I´m suffering from an problme with the Yongnuo YN-600EX-RT on the Eos R5. My just 3 year old Speedlite 430EX III-RT has been ruined by an broken Eneloop battery. It leaked and seems to have ruined electronics inside. I tried to use some of my older Yongnuo flashes. This is not...
  2. D

Problems with built in microphon on R5 - which external mic?

Hi Guys! I need your help, please! My Eos R5 has some strange audio-issues with the built-in microphone. Recording of speech or sound in front of the cam is very silent. Sound or speech that appears on the left side of the body is recorded in normal volume. The local Canon service center...
  3. D

Getting Lightroom on another Computer - What to export and how?

Good Evening Guys! I´m suffering from an problem and I need some help, please! My current notebook had an breakdown and I have to exchange it. The company where I ordered the new notebook will transfer some important files to the new NB. Do you know, which files I´ve to get copied to get the...
  4. D

Screenprotector for Eos R5 - does the Eos R fit too?

Good evening Guys! I ordered the R5 today :love::love:. So I am looking for an Screenprotector for the Display and for the top-Display. As there are no available products in Austria or surrounded countries listed, I´d like to ask the Guys that are already owning this wonderful camera, if the...
  5. D

The Canon EOS R5 manual is available for download

Nice to read. I tried to order the R5 today. But shipping will be delayed two to three month! To many customers are trying to fetch the R5
  6. D

Problems with Lightroom: no Internet - LR is not working

Good morning Guys! I´ve been on an small island, where no Internet was available. I shot a lot of birds and animals, but had problems with Lightroom Classic. I was not able to start it, because the online account-verification could not be done. How can I solve this problem, so LR starts even...
  7. D

In which video codec to convert 4k videos of 5D IV?

Hello Guys! I did a lot of video filming in the last month, most with 4k on the 5D MK IV. But the Canon codes is very memory consuming. My 3TB HDD is suffering from low memory space, so an reduction of memory size would be welcome. In which codec format should I convert the 4k movies - and...
  8. D

Help needed: "micro-jerks" at filming with 5D MK IV

Thank you, but it is an hardware problem. Meanwhile the camera does not respond to buttons or wheels, the rear display is just flickering. I will send it to CPS.
  9. D

Help needed: "micro-jerks" at filming with 5D MK IV

Morning Guys! I´m frustrated of the film quality of my 5D IV. I ordered a expensive gimbal for filming and tried it in the last few days. The films show "micro-jerks". Like you do a timelapse. I save it on my fast CF Card. The jerks occure at FHS, also in 4K. I tried all apertures and exposure...
  10. D

Which RF lenses for coming R5?

Thank you! I will consider your advice.
  11. D

Adapter for EF lenses - usage of polarisation filter form Ef prime

ok, not the answer I expected, as the filter looks similar to my drop in polarizer. Hmmm. Maybe I´ll try get an adapter on amazon and try it. if it does not work, I will send it back
  12. D

Thank you for your advice!
  13. D

Hi Guys! Another question, please: Is it possible to use the polarisation filter of the 600mm L II lens with the EF to RF adapter? (Canon Objektivadapter EF-EOS R mit Drop-In Filter V-ND (3443C005)) I would like to get this adapter and use it with my polarisation drop in-filter of my 600mm lens...
  14. D

Which RF lenses for coming R5?

Hi Guys! The R5 will be my next camera body. Which RF lenses should <200mm I buy for it? I will definitively buy the RF70-200 2.8. But which of the normal zooms around 24(28)-70mm? 2.0 or 2.8, if I use it for hiking (landscape) and family shots? As an wideangle lens, I have 16-35mm F4. Is...
  15. D

Want to buy an new Field Monitor

Hi! Back in the end of 2018 I ordered an 5" very high priced premium field monitor for better visibility at filming. Now it is defective (electronic malfunction, caused by the Canon LP-E6N battery). I liked the bigger screen, so I want to get an new, but cheaper model. What specs do I want to...
  16. D

Preorder: Canon EOS-1D X Mark III with bonuses and a giveaway

Hi Guys! I got an newsletter from the local professional shop. The camera will cost 7360 Euros in Austria. What an incredible price. This is 1050 Euros more than the Mark 2 version at the time of announcement. Wow. I was until reading the heavily pricing thinking of buying the Mark III. But as...
  17. D

AF spot size on Eos R vs. 5D Mk 4

Well, Mr. Alan, it works on animals and persons that are just some meters away from you and have normal sized eyes, like an dog or cat. With smaller eyes like the eyes of an Robin, it struggles often. I´ve tried it frequently. I have an Robin that is quite "trustful". I can come 3 m near to him...
  18. D

Thank you for your postings. I hope the spot of the Eos R is small enough for my needs. I use the small spot of my 5D IV very often, when I shoot small birds or birds that are far away. Using the small spot, most of my pictures are "eye-sharp". By the way, I left Canon this summer with buying...
  19. D

Hi Guys! I´m considering to buy an used Eos R to bridge the time until an pro-orientated "R"-version appears on the market. My question for birding: How is the AF spot size for the Eos R vs. the Single-point Spot AF of the 5D MK iV? (for pinpoint focussing) Is it equal small? Thanks Daniela
  20. D

Replacement: Eos R or 5D Mark IV again?

Hi Guys! Thanks for all replies!!!! (y) To get some feeling, I joined an Canon workshop and shot two days with an Eos R. Quite different usage to my RIPped 5D Mark IV. In direct comparison to the 5D Mark IV, the AF of the R is faster, but it was harder to follow the birds. And the Eos R´s AF...