Search results

1. D

Problems with Yongnuo YN-600EX-RT on Eos R5

Good Morning! I´m suffering from an problme with the Yongnuo YN-600EX-RT on the Eos R5. My just 3 year old Speedlite 430EX III-RT has been ruined by an broken Eneloop battery. It leaked and seems to have ruined electronics inside. I tried to use some of my older Yongnuo flashes. This is not...
  2. D

Problems with built in microphon on R5 - which external mic?

Hi Guys! I need your help, please! My Eos R5 has some strange audio-issues with the built-in microphone. Recording of speech or sound in front of the cam is very silent. Sound or speech that appears on the left side of the body is recorded in normal volume. The local Canon service center...
  3. D

Getting Lightroom on another Computer - What to export and how?

Good Evening Guys! I´m suffering from an problem and I need some help, please! My current notebook had an breakdown and I have to exchange it. The company where I ordered the new notebook will transfer some important files to the new NB. Do you know, which files I´ve to get copied to get the...
  4. D

Screenprotector for Eos R5 - does the Eos R fit too?

Good evening Guys! I ordered the R5 today :love::love:. So I am looking for an Screenprotector for the Display and for the top-Display. As there are no available products in Austria or surrounded countries listed, I´d like to ask the Guys that are already owning this wonderful camera, if the...
  5. D

Problems with Lightroom: no Internet - LR is not working

Good morning Guys! I´ve been on an small island, where no Internet was available. I shot a lot of birds and animals, but had problems with Lightroom Classic. I was not able to start it, because the online account-verification could not be done. How can I solve this problem, so LR starts even...
  6. D

In which video codec to convert 4k videos of 5D IV?

Hello Guys! I did a lot of video filming in the last month, most with 4k on the 5D MK IV. But the Canon codes is very memory consuming. My 3TB HDD is suffering from low memory space, so an reduction of memory size would be welcome. In which codec format should I convert the 4k movies - and...
  7. D

Help needed: "micro-jerks" at filming with 5D MK IV

Morning Guys! I´m frustrated of the film quality of my 5D IV. I ordered a expensive gimbal for filming and tried it in the last few days. The films show "micro-jerks". Like you do a timelapse. I save it on my fast CF Card. The jerks occure at FHS, also in 4K. I tried all apertures and exposure...
  8. D

Adapter for EF lenses - usage of polarisation filter form Ef prime

Hi Guys! Another question, please: Is it possible to use the polarisation filter of the 600mm L II lens with the EF to RF adapter? (Canon Objektivadapter EF-EOS R mit Drop-In Filter V-ND (3443C005)) I would like to get this adapter and use it with my polarisation drop in-filter of my 600mm lens...
  9. D

Which RF lenses for coming R5?

Hi Guys! The R5 will be my next camera body. Which RF lenses should <200mm I buy for it? I will definitively buy the RF70-200 2.8. But which of the normal zooms around 24(28)-70mm? 2.0 or 2.8, if I use it for hiking (landscape) and family shots? As an wideangle lens, I have 16-35mm F4. Is...
  10. D

Want to buy an new Field Monitor

Hi! Back in the end of 2018 I ordered an 5" very high priced premium field monitor for better visibility at filming. Now it is defective (electronic malfunction, caused by the Canon LP-E6N battery). I liked the bigger screen, so I want to get an new, but cheaper model. What specs do I want to...
  11. D

AF spot size on Eos R vs. 5D Mk 4

Hi Guys! I´m considering to buy an used Eos R to bridge the time until an pro-orientated "R"-version appears on the market. My question for birding: How is the AF spot size for the Eos R vs. the Single-point Spot AF of the 5D MK iV? (for pinpoint focussing) Is it equal small? Thanks Daniela
  12. D

Replacement: Eos R or 5D Mark IV again?

Hi Guys! I had an backpack incident on Monday (silly, as I´m looking for an new one). The result is an heavily damaged 5DIV. It is not repairable (CPS). I do not want to spend the money for an 1DXII as an successor might be coming in one year, so I will stay with the 5D class. My question...
  13. D

I need an new xl backpack

Hi Guys! I´ve started looking for an new xl sized backpack. My equipment for wildlife: 600mm L II, 100-400 L, 2 bodies, two smaller lenses, an flash and an extender to carry. And some food. Oh, yes and an tripod My long time used Tamrac expedition 9 has been "retired" by my dog. :rolleyes...
  14. D

Question: Electronic View Finder brightness Canon Ros R

Hi Guys! How bright is the Electronic View Finder of the EOS R comapered with the Sony Alpha 7 III? In bright light, the Electronic View Finder of the Sony Alpha 7 III is very dark and all colurs seem to be grey&blueish for me. Is the EOS R Electronic View Finder better working in bright light...
  15. D

Question on RF 24-105 vs EF 24-105 II, adapters and on BG-22

Hi Guys! Some questions on the new stuff from Canon. Do you know, if the RF version of the 24-105 is optically better than the EF II version? Should I sell the EF 24-105 II and fetch the RF version? Do you know, if I can use the 52mm polarizer from my 500mm II in the drop in filter of the...
  16. D

Using off camera Canon speedlights with Sony camera

Hi Guys! My daughter ordered an Sony A7 III these days. One thing, she is interested in, is making portraits in the nature with three or four speedlightes. Normally she used my Canon equipment for it, but she wanted an Sony. Do you know, if it is possible to use my Canon 600 RT flash and three...
  17. D

Which body for timelapse videos?

Hi guys! I hope this is the right sub-forum to post in for this topic. I´m trying a lot as my children grow up and I´ve a lot of sparetime now ;D ;D ;D 8) So, to do something new - I saw some stunning timelapse videos. I was told to buy an timelapse slider to create some movement. Yesssss...
  18. D

Advice needed: Sony body working on canon lenses?

Hi Guys! Can you give me some advice please. Out of guaranteetime, the sensor of my 7D Mk II has been broken and needs an expensive repair. I saved some money and I am looking for an replacement for my second body. I am happy with my 5D MK IV, but for birding, the higher fps of the 7DII have...
  19. D

New Lightroom very slow - advice needed?

Hi Guys! I´ve updated Lightroom on the newest version (not the cloud one), and it told me, that it is much faster. But on our Personal Computer (i7700, 32GB, 1070 GTX card), it slows down. It takes about 3 hours to import 1500 shots in Raw (5DIV) and generare 1:1 previews. More than twice the...
  20. D

M5 or XT-2 for hiking?

Hi Guys! Autumn is coming, so hiking season will start soon. As I have to carry a lot of things for my children, I need an lighter MLS system. The 5D MKIV combined with 16-35mm and 24-105mm lenses, a lot of weight to carry. I need this camera for shots at hiking (landscape), without an tripod...