Search results

1. S

nikon d800 video recording sensor size is smaller than 5D???

according to kenrockwell D800 '' Video only uses a central 32.8 x 18.4mm section of the sensor, at most.'' but 5D utilizes 36X20.3mm. why haven't nikon tell this before....?
  2. S

this would make huge difference in quality

http://www.teledynedalsa.com/sensors/products/sensordetails.aspx?partNumber=FTF6040C the new CCD sensor, alternative to CMOS.
  3. S

C 300 is not an alternative to 35mm motion picture film.

72DB gain in image process is an advancement. but it only shoots 8 bit MPEG-2 422 and 50 Mbps!!!!!???? canon advertise it as a viable alternative to 35mm motion film. Dream it canon. we expect RAW on board with 10bit 444 recording for the price range 16,000$. not silly marketing tricks..
  4. S

what is error 30 in 5d mk2

i had this error since a day, what is this? and how get rid of it. i tried several times turning on/off and removing battery, but no use. pls help me.. thank u all.
  5. S

new 24mm 1.4L lens REAR glass is moving while i am cleaning!!?

i just brought a new canon 24mm 1.4L lens. after a day shoot, i was about to clean the front rear glasses. then i noticed the rear glass is moving horizontally. then i checked by shaking it, yes its little unsteady inside. even by others... now i don't know what to do. pls tell me anything u...
  6. S

nikon D4, uncompressed video through HDMI.

lets see how canon react to it.
  7. S

Why is the c 300 sensor is not Full Frame (24 x 36 mm)?

''The EOS C300 conforms to the industry standard Super 35mm Motion Picture Film frame size. Almost all PL Mount motion picture lenses are designed to cover Super 35-size film or digital sensors, and tend to vignette heavily on Full Frame sensors since they are not designed to cover that frame...
  8. S

canon is not for poor film makers anymore! 47,000$??!!!

CN-E14.5-60mm T2.6 L S (EF mount) lens for 45,000 to 47,000$ each? what did happened to you, canon?, I waited for an year to see better cam than 5d, in an affordable range! but finally what we have is FULL HD cam for estimated 20,000$ price range!! I laugh at myself for being poor.
  9. S

UDMA 6 Vs UDMA 7

Can we use UDMA 6 extr/pro [90MB] cards in red epic? thank u. sorry its not about canon.
  10. S

intra-frame compression Vs interframe compression? how do they help movie rec.?

As we have seen the new flag-ship 1D-X, it has these two optional video recording compressions. how do they really improve the image cadency and resolution? i read in articles since last night how do they really help in editing room? thank u for u r valuable time, shiva.
  11. S

Shooting video at 48fps

Hello everyone, Soon, we r shooting with redMX for a short film which has lengthy dialogues. our major concern is with a new idea of shooting in 48fps.. few questions raise on the way, are 1)how to sync audio(speaking slowly or fix it in post)...
  12. S

Camera clip system

Here is the very interesting design to clip or carry a camera, http://www.peakdesignltd.com/capture greets to the guys out there.
  13. S

Crop marks for 2.39:1[anamorphic] on 5D MK II?

hello every one..... We r looking forward to shoot a short film with 5d , in the end we decided to try for 2.39:1 aspect ratio !! so how am going to active it with out anamorphic lenses? if not how to crop in post? or mask it on monitor? if yes do i have to mask it horizontally or vertical...
  14. S

Is 50mm normal lens on 5d?

On 5D, 50mm images are magnifying than normal view( eye view). since 50mm considered as normal lens.....what is this phenomenon? thank u all.
  15. S

135mm f/2L USM, any other option for this range lens for 5d? in zeiss or canon?

hello, it seems i have only 2 options in 135mm range lens 135mm f/2L USM or 135mm f/2.8 soft focus. is there any better lens than both? (no zooms) zeiss or sigma or canon?
  16. S

Any suggestion before buying Zeiss lens or Canon L* lenses

hi everyone, First of all i would like to say my ''thank you'' to administrator, for running such a useful website. here, i am buying few lenses in near future combination of zeiss and canon L series. major usage is video. so pls any one share ur experience about these lenses :- Canon...