Search results

1. RustyTheGeek

Canon EOS 90D promotional video appears to have leaked

Ha ha - Maybe it means they finally 'fixed' the AF. Now it works at 10fps? LOL
  2. RustyTheGeek

Canon EOS 90D Specification List [CR1]

Sorry but CF is superior to SD. There's more to it than speed. I'll agree that SD is more convenient since lots of other gear has a SD card slot built-in but CF is better in many ways. CF is Faster, more rugged, easier to manipulate in the fingers and label. The biggest downside to CF are...
  3. RustyTheGeek

Filming Rockets and Rocket Flight

Discovered this fascinating YouTube video of the evolution of Rocket Photography/Filmography. It's truly amazing how great the results have been over the decades, even during in the Apollo program. Since CR doesn't seem to have any categories of Science, Industrial, Space or Aviation related...
  4. RustyTheGeek

Announcing An All-New Photo Editing Experience – ON1 Photo RAW 2019

I just bought one of these to improve the control of LR. http://tinyurl.com/ycphkk9k I wonder if it can also be used with ON1? Hmmm.....
  5. RustyTheGeek

Canon officially announces 4 new RF lenses, mount adaptors and Speedlite EL-100

I agree on the RT part. I really wish Canon would stop being so stingy with RT Master use. It's barely used at all except in expensive external devices. Come on, Canon! Integrate it into the camera! (Or at least make a low profile device useful.) The EL-100 was a perfect chance to do this...
  6. RustyTheGeek

Canon officially announces 4 new RF lenses, mount adaptors and Speedlite EL-100

I've given the EOS R subject less than an hour of my time so far. I'm interested (dare I say excited?) but I rarely buy anything right away after it is released. (I buy my cars used too.) I just can't accept the high price of impatience. Plus, by buying after the first year, I get the added...
  7. RustyTheGeek

Lensrentals.com does a teardown of the new Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III USM, compares it to version II

OK - I feel like a noob. I've owned the MkII for years. Just learned in the comments how to LOCK the IS. Had no idea! I guess that's what I get for only skimming the manual online shortly after purchase. LOL In addition, this may explain why the one and only time my MkII dropped about 2ft...
  8. RustyTheGeek

Two monitors vs ultra-wide one?

I use two slightly more expensive U2415 monitors. I have set up numerous dual rigs with these monitors for clients as well as for my wife. They are very good monitors at a very good price. Comparable to the U2414H except the U2415 is 16:10 instead of 16:9 (U2414H). Also, the U2415 uses a...
  9. RustyTheGeek

Firmware: Canon Updates Pretty Much Every DSLR

I also use 3rd Party Batteries in addition to genuine Canon batteries. So far, I've been pleased. Mostly Wasabi. Thanks for the detailed info since I recently picked up a 5D4 around Black Friday. Oh - and congrats Neuro on passing 20K posts. (Wow!)
  10. RustyTheGeek

Updated 24-105 f/4L IS - II ... WHEN??? or WHY NOT???

Ah, yes. But do you think it will be a big improvement over the version 1 after all these years? IMHO, all the new lenses (EF and L) are built in a less expensive design. Compare them to the older L lenses and they are using a thinner and more matte paint (as opposed to the 'baked/spattered'...
  11. RustyTheGeek

Review - Canon EF 24mm f/2.8 STM

Which is why I keep the 16-35 in my bag! That way I can get way out in front closer to the group and block all the cell phone parents !! ;D Bwahhhh - Ha - Ha Haaaaa!!! 8)
  12. RustyTheGeek

Review - Canon EF 24mm f/2.8 STM

I've been pretty pleased with this lens on my SL1 where it pretty much lives unless I use the 18-270 super zoom. Great little lens! :D
  13. RustyTheGeek

Post your best portraits(street, studio, candid etc...).

Love the portrait! If you love that shot, you'd love some of Nevada Wier's work here... http://www.nevadawier.com/
  14. RustyTheGeek

Post your best portraits(street, studio, candid etc...).

Love it Pookie! This kind of indoor lighting challenge is a pretty common occurrence for me too. This one looks fantastic! Lots of fun! Really neat light, regardless. Thank God for Lightroom is all I can say!
  15. RustyTheGeek

What gear to bring for London?

As I read the OP's original post and ignore the rest of the thread - I get the impression that this is 95% vacation/relax/chat/girl time/whatever. I don't get the impression there is established business work going on. She says "photo mission" which I perceive to mean go walk around with a...
  16. RustyTheGeek

Is Canon EOS SL1 / 100D still worth to buy? Or M3?

I got a good deal (used, eBay) on the 24mm EF-S Pancake. That's roughly a 40mm lens on the SL1 crop sensor. Works great on the SL1! (Plus it came with a little 3rd party lens hood that is also nice.) Give that a shot for a pretty small prime unit. ;)
  17. RustyTheGeek

Crazy Deal: Canon EOS 80D Body w/Pixma Pro-100 Bundle $849

I'm debating selling the 7D-2 and keeping the 80D. I was happy with the 70D when I got it but then jumped on a similar discount package deal on the 7D2 (and sold the 70D) because I really needed the De-Flicker Feature. Now that the 80D is here and has De-Flicker... I might just swap again the...
  18. RustyTheGeek

Crazy Deal: Canon EOS 80D Body w/Pixma Pro-100 Bundle $849

I totally understand and I agree! I'm slowing down a bit too but this deal was too hard to pass up after selling the printer and getting the rebate. $1200 - $350 - $150 ($195 minus selling fees/shipping) = $700 for a new 80D.
  19. RustyTheGeek

Canon 1DX II Battery Life

I had to step out so thanks for supplying the links. If you search, you'll find some other threads where I discuss my experience with PhotoMechanic. Short version is essentially that I didn't have a good experience with their staff so I didn't buy the product after evaluating it. That's when...
  20. RustyTheGeek

How hard was it for you to sell your old cameras?

In my personal experience buying and selling on CL, Amazon and eBay I would agree with pretty much everything Mt. Spokane has said. The bottom line is that selling stuff is a pain but like anything, if you take the time to do it well, it tends to work in your favor most of the time.