Search results

1. Diko

Canon has registered a new ILC camera with regulators

Wasn't it supposed to be R5M2 now? Although that being said in reality usually the flagship is first and then the lower models. Because there always exist a slight chance of cannibalizing some of the sales of the Big Brother. Still kind of feel cheated because I've always believed that now in...
  2. Diko

Opinion: The difficulty facing Canon (and everyone else)

I've read everything very carefully and here are my $0.05 on the topic. 1/ Thank you Richard & Craig Richard I really enjoyed your article and I'm very happy that your opinion here will open goods discussions for both cultivating and self reflecting on versatile topics of the day. Thank you...
  3. Diko

Canon EOS R5 down to $3399 (Reg $3899)

I doubt that specificlly the last part: ''The Nikon Z 8 may change that shortly". Have you checked this nice article? Based on its specs and new features IMHO - even with Z8 on the market aside from the fact that their CMOS would be stacked - nothing so "pushy" for Canon to release R5M2 any...
  4. Diko

The Canon EOS R1 may not come until 2024

Poor choice of words. I have to admit, indeed. What i meant was ironically: mirrorless flagship. As good as never? And it isn’t like all technologies aren’t here, patented or invented. Also the elephant in the house: * Z9 - last year 45 MP beats - October 2021 * Alpha 1 - 50 MP beast -...
  5. Diko

The Canon EOS R1 may not come until 2024

And again Canon is slower than the competion. Once again. God knows for what reason. Is it again the in-house developed CMOS sensor or some other reason. I thought that they invest heavily in R&D. A few years back actually they even updated the whole workflow with the single reason to get...
  6. Diko

Is a 150mp Canon EOS R camera on the way? [CR1]

I don't see your point. I presume you have experienced 5Ds yourself or?
  7. Diko

High megapixel EOS R series camera in testing [CR2]

It makes all the sense as long as there's the busness justificaiton and the proprietary lenses. So far 83 MPs on a Sigma 50 mm ART with its 33 perceptual MPs or the manually focused costing $4K Carl-Zeiss Otus with its 45 MPs (if I recall correctly)... I don't see aby reason to go for the new...
  8. Diko

Is a 150mp Canon EOS R camera on the way? [CR1]

@CR, give a glass that would support that resolution. And THEN I will call it a substantial rumor
  9. Diko

Patent: 83mp full-frame image sensor from Canon

Currently there's no FF optics for 85 MPs ;-)
  10. Diko

Here are SIGMA’s three new full-frame mirrorless camera lenses

How come there's a SIGMA 12-24mm f/2.8 DG HSM (Shipping late August 2019) for RF (eventually), SONY & LEICA and not for EF? :-( Or DN is really the APS-C? But then they can go more extreme even. And are these ART or not?
  11. Diko

Canon U.S.A. Announces New 120 MP Ultra-High Resolution and 2.7 MP Ultra-High Sensitivity CMOS Sensors

Like me? Next time check the name. I wasn't responding to you at all. As for the HDR and blending. I am afraid I am doing it myself as well as long as it goes for Architecture. I don't know but hardly would believe that SONY has been so far for me to make a single photo in those case. And you...
  12. Diko

Canon U.S.A. Announces New 120 MP Ultra-High Resolution and 2.7 MP Ultra-High Sensitivity CMOS Sensors

What kind of f**** images do you take?!?!? Recently I posted a photo of harsh sunny day light and deep shadows and I got all out that looked almost like an HDR from a single image.... I really don't understand what more do you expect?!?!? If I go to a club event dark with lasers (no flash)- I...
  13. Diko

A leaked document suggests that Canon has a 63mp full frame image sensor in the works.

Yes. But way too limited. Yes... Ubdeed Canon are having this and this. They even offer industry standardized CMOS sensors officially. I couldn't find but have read that they build custom single CMOS sensnors (costing hundreds of thousand of $), but couldn't find it to show it. An yet here...
  14. Diko

The Canon EOS Rebel SL3/200D II/250D/Kiss X10 is coming very soon. Images & specifications leak ahead of the official announcement

Is the price tag of the USB 3 license fee that much higher than the USB2? I understand that this is the cheapest you can get... But come on! This is 10 year old tech. It's almost time to replace it. And Canon is still offering USB2 along 4K and mini HDMI. It is INSANE! I've heard that they...
  15. Diko

A leaked document suggests that Canon has a 63mp full frame image sensor in the works.

Nahh. The edges. The edges are the evident culprit still. Otherwise you are right. 24-70 mark 1 (about 16MP perceptual) on a 30 MP body. Still love this lense. Don't like the mark 2. I redid it just to check the camera capabilities and yes. In the original pale blue to white. Yes. Exactly...
  16. Diko

Exactly! The question arises due to the idiotic marketing messages coming from CANON. "1Dx - our flagship". It's not just the sensor though. Indeed have tested both 1Dx - I & II. Faster AF, better DR, lower Noise. Images are... awesome. However IMHO best for sport, birds, kids and anything...
  17. Diko

I guess I switched sides.... the other day I pulled from a photo from a sunny day with deep shadows on a photo (the usual nightmare without additional light). The LR Auto Tone did a decent job on the RAW photo, but tried to brighten the shadow to the end and pushed the Highlights..... I had the...
  18. Diko

1/On spam.... Damn! Like first page... weird off-topic flaming. At least someone posted that link to "dat" gorgeous and swe-e-e-t little baby (the pre-production Sony FE 135mm f1.8 GM) with its verdict: "if you are shooting a 90-megapixel camera, this lens will be the one that wrings the most...
  19. Diko

Ended: Sigma 14-24mm f/2.8 Art $929 (Reg $1299)

Haven't. But the offer is awesome.