Search results

1. 2n10

Canon releases new security firmware updates for more cameras

And it sent me to the downloads page which does not have the update available yet.
  2. 2n10

You have to go to product advisories to find it.
  3. 2n10

Just checked Canon USA for the 7D mk II and they still have 1.1.2 only.
  4. 2n10

Monitor Calibration: What's your recommendation?

I bought the Pro-100 printer a few months ago. I use the included programming to print my photos and even with the calibrated monitor found that most times the photo printed too dark. The included programing has a color adjustment section and it has a brightness adjustment that I use to over...
  5. 2n10

Show your Bird Portraits

Beautiful shots click.
  6. 2n10

I don't bird, but if I wanted to...

Definitely look at the larger hawks given the wing size. Odds on favorite would be a Red-tailed Hawk as is the most common hawk in the US and more so the west. Avoid the 2X TC as it will make it harder to get focus due to it slowing focus speed down. No need for polarizer also.
  7. 2n10

Show your Bird Portraits

Thank you ISv.
  8. 2n10

Show your Bird Portraits

Thank you click and lion rock
  9. 2n10

Show your Bird Portraits

A lovely and cooperative Spotted Sandpiper
  10. 2n10

Show your Bird Portraits

Hi Graham, your bird looks to be similar to a Pipit in the States. Hope this gives you a bit of help. John
  11. 2n10

DxO announces PhotoLab and Nik acquisition

Looks like they have an introductory offer for existing user, also.
  12. 2n10

Your best animal shots!

Last I knew, yes. Great find and capture.
  13. 2n10

Non-birder brings a 70-200 and a 2x in search of eagles -- hilarity ensues

From what you have told us you have the right idea for your needs. When you go on trips with your family just go with environmental shots if you can not get close. Although every once in a while one can get lucky. 7DII with 100-400 II at 238mm. My 1.4TC III is also attached.
  14. 2n10

I doubt this is even [CR1] but I guess it starts somewhere - 7D3 specs?

This budget wildlife/bird shooter would be happy with 20MP and no AA filter.
  15. 2n10

Canon 100-400 L II vs Sigma 150-600 Contemporary

I have the 7D II and have the same slow focus issue with the 1.4TCIII and 100-400 II. It works fine for large birds but medium to small I get few keepers if at all.
  16. 2n10

Show your Bird Portraits

Hi Graham, Many birds when young have different colored eyes than adults. They can go from dark to lighter, while some can go from lighter to darker. Accipiters go from yellows to oranges and reds as adults.
  17. 2n10

Upgraded Pro Canon Lenses for Crop Bodies

I would like to see an update to the EF-s 17-55 also as I love the lens. I would also love for it to have a "L" quality build. But, having the EF-s 10-22 the EF 24-70 f/2.8 would probably be a better fit in my lens arsenal for a relative fast lens although the price is a bit of a pain. I know...
  18. 2n10

Pronghorns, deer, bison and other ungulates in the wild...

Very nice shots dpc and azhelishot.
  19. 2n10

Show your Bird Portraits

Beautiful shot Don. Sounds like a low contrast issue.
  20. 2n10

What would it take lens wise?

I am happy with my selection. I have 10mm to 600mm covered on APS-c. I think I will go for the 200-600 if it comes out. Don't think I will get a great white but who knows?