Search results

1. killswitch

Which 150-600 for R6

Thanks yeah I was aware of the AF points limitation and aperture.
  2. killswitch

Which 150-600 for R6

Don’t know what to say. After reading up on the RF 100-400 I was looking to snag a new one off B&H. Lucky me someone was selling an almost new condition for $450 with tripod collar and B+W filter. Snagged it right away. Thanks to everyone here who mentioned RF 100-400.
  3. killswitch

Which 150-600 for R6

Ok so I checked out some RF photos take with the RF 100-400 and was impressed. For the price point and size it’s pretty darn good. And it can take 1.4x TC as well, it seems.
  4. killswitch

Which 150-600 for R6

Ya the opposite zoom like Nikon is a deal breaker for me. So tamron is out of the question for me. Will look into Canon lenses.
  5. killswitch

Which 150-600 for R6

Wow, I had not considered RF 100-400. This is actually very interesting. Now the question is I have not updated my R6 firmware so is there 1.6 crop mode ? That would seal the deal for me.
  6. killswitch

Which 150-600 for R6

I am looking to get a used 150-600 from Sigma or Tamron. Between these two any of you faced any noticeable focus hunting at the telephoto end (with its widest aperture) on a R6. I once used a Tamron 150-600 v1 and the thing that I felt about it was the zoom ring was tight and to go from 150 to...
  7. killswitch

Understanding Focal Length of a Portrait

neuroanatomist here attached the image I was referring to in my original post. I think the best way to learn and get a better understanding is replicate that test with various subjects of different age, and facial structure. Also, I am asking from a journalist point of view what is the typical...
  8. killswitch

Yeah, typically in studios if we are provided actual copies of the photos with EXIF intact it helps. Most cases we do not have that info, so we try out best to guestimate.
  9. killswitch

Yes, this is exactly what I remember seeing long time ago here in the forums. Thanks @neuroanatomist, this is going to my library. As someone mentioned above I can replicate this test to get a better understanding of how facial structure deforms based on the age of the subject + the focal length...
  10. killswitch

Hi, I am a 3D artist working in the game industry, and we often get to recreate or cleanup scans of likeness of actors and actresses. Most cases we collect reference photos from various angles to understand the structure and form of the head. For full frontal shot of the portrait, we try to...
  11. killswitch

Macro Slider

Apologies for not replying sooner. I went back to Big Sur after 8 years. So much has changed since then, bummed to find out that the trail to McWay Falls was closed off near the end as the wooden bridge collapsed due to wear and tear. Anyhow, thanks for all the suggestions. Let me look into all...
  12. killswitch

Macro Slider

I am new to macro photography. Using a Canon R6 with Laowa 100mm f2.8 2X Macro lens. Pretty quickly I found out that I will need a tripod (which I have) and a macro slider (i dont have) and need to do focus stacking to get a proper composition where the subject is in focus. Also need a focus...
  13. killswitch

Laowa 100mm f2.8 2X Macro APO for RF

Thanks dcm. One thing I am bummed about is the target reticle that you can use to nail the focus which is not available for manual lenses it seems? I am using focus peaking to nail focus.
  14. killswitch

Canon USA restocks inventory of RF mount refurbished lenses

I have bought several including both EF and RF version of 70-200 f2.8 IS (Mark II EF, and recent RF). They were basically brand new, with no signs of use and no issues what so ever. I was one of the lucky ones who got the RF 70-200 Refurb from Canon when it was discounted to $2024 only back in...
  15. killswitch

Hey, thanks FrenchFry! Knew something I missed. It worked!
  16. killswitch

Hi just bought a used but 10/10 condition Laowa 100mm f2.8 Macro. This is my first macro, manual lens and that too from a third party. Unless I missed something I am unable to take a shot when I press down on the shutter button. I have it set to manual operation mode, and using focus peaking to...
  17. killswitch

Hot: Refurbished RF 24-70 f/2.8L IS USM & RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM available for the first time

Just wanna let folks here know, I reached out to Canon's rep on the phone a few days back and he said it is taking them 7-9 business days to begin shipping refurb items due to the holiday season/covid/weather. Sure enough, I received an email confirmation that my item has been picked up for...
  18. killswitch

Hot: Refurbished RF 24-70 f/2.8L IS USM & RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM available for the first time

I sure hope so. Ya, last time I bought from Canon Refurb I got them right away. I was not aware this is the current situation which is unfortunate.
  19. killswitch

Oh boy, I called their customer support, and it says the order is processed and will send email once shipped. Does that still mean it could get cancelled at anytime or does it mean they actually have it ready just not shipped. Man, i will be so mad at me for selling off my EF 70-200 if this...
  20. killswitch

Dang! Doesn't make sense to say its in stock have someone wait that long. Hope you get yours soon. I just sold my 70-200 EF, and if the RF takes weeks to months I will regret selling my EF too soon.