Search results

1. schmidtfilme

Canon EOS R5 Mark II sensor resolution likely to stick at 45mp but with new AI features [CR2]

I avoid subscriptions. If Canon would move in this direction I might move to another manufacturer, Sony or Nikon...
  2. schmidtfilme

Canon EOS R5 Mark II Specification make the rounds

Will it have GPS? I will not buy another camera without GPS build in.
  3. schmidtfilme

The Canon EOS R6 Mark II will be announced on November 2, 2022

I would like GPS to return. The 6D II had it.
  4. schmidtfilme

Patent: Lots of EF-M zoom optical formulas

Well the lens came with the kit. Maybe I should have returned the whole kit. Anyhow I would like to sell it and get a really good alrounder zoom instead.
  5. schmidtfilme

Patent: Lots of EF-M zoom optical formulas

My 18-150 is optically lacking and I am not very happy with it. I once had a 18-135 for apps-c which was really good. I hope for a really great Allrounder and that Canon doesn’t give up on the M system.
  6. schmidtfilme

Brand new Canon 6D M2 unresponsive

Hello guys, Again thanks to everyone for replying. I didn‘t want to create such a controversy. Actually the reason I posted the thread is that sometimes there are well known issues like the one with the current Apple MBPs keyboard or for the 6D M2 with older firmware than 1.04 the camera could...
  7. schmidtfilme

The battery is from 2014. I did not re-charge it. Attached the battery info.
  8. schmidtfilme

Everyone, Thanks for taking the time to respond. I cannot tell what caused the camera to crash, hang-up. What worried me is that I couldn‘t even turn it off. When I switched off the display showed no change, still displaying the same information. Basically the camera hang and that repeatedly...
  9. schmidtfilme

The battery in the camera was an old one and not the one that came with the camera. I had a 5D M3 before and couple of extra batteries. The battery was fully charged but nevertheless some years old. Amazon gives a return window until end of January. I can ask for replacement or money back. I do...
  10. schmidtfilme

Hello, I have got an brand new Canon 6D M2 ( 4 weeks old ). Yesterday I was using it in cold but dry conditions, around 0°C. Suddenly the camera stopped reacting to any button press including trying to turn it off. What helped for a little while is taking out the battery and putting it back...
  11. schmidtfilme

Canon said to have scrapped at least one DSLR in development [CR2]

Unfortunately I see it the same...
  12. schmidtfilme

Canon said to have scrapped at least one DSLR in development [CR2]

How about the 6D series? Will we ever see a new version?
  13. schmidtfilme

At least two new EOS M cameras coming in 2019 [CR2]

If that's the issue than its not an issue. Who would want to use an M lens on a R camera? Also you cannot put and EF-S lens on a FF camera for pure optical reasons. I thought the issue is that you cannot use R lenses on an M Camera.
  14. schmidtfilme

Come play with the Canon EOS R RAW files

From what I can see no pictures from the 24-105 which would be the only lens I could afford. So far I am not impressed by those pictures.
  15. schmidtfilme

More Mentions of a Canon Mirrorless Announcement Ahead of Photokina [CR1]

I hope that they have native EF mount. I don't mind larger body. I have a M5 if I need a small camera.
  16. schmidtfilme

What a Full Frame Canon Mirrorless Needs To Have To Be Successful

If you are not reducing the weight and size of the lenses and the body - why going mirrorless in the first place? Just to have an EVF instead of an OVF? In order for this to make sense they must come up with a new mount and new lenses. Otherwise why bother.
  17. schmidtfilme

Canon Sends Invitation to Dealers for Major Mirrorless Presentation Next Month

Well - sounds like FF mirrorless. That would be earlier than expected. Great news if true.
  18. schmidtfilme

New EF-M Prime Likely Coming Ahead of CP+ [CR2]

Why? There is already a 22 f2 which I own and which is really great. What would a 26 f2 deliver?
  19. schmidtfilme

New EF-M Prime Likely Coming Ahead of CP+ [CR2]

I would like to see a 85 f2