1. JPAZ

Show your Bird Portraits

Warbler
  2. JPAZ

Show your Bird Portraits

Western Tanager
  3. JPAZ

Show your Bird Portraits

Another Flycatcher....this one playing "hide and seek" with me ;). Maybe Hammond's or Dusky Flycatcher.
  4. JPAZ

Show your Bird Portraits

From Northern New Mexico........Flycatcher, I think Brown Crested but maybe Ash-Throated.
  5. JPAZ

Show your Bird Portraits

Thanks, all.
  6. JPAZ

Show your Bird Portraits

Same morning. Western Wood Pewee?
  7. JPAZ

Show your Bird Portraits

All. Long time since I've been out and about (long story not for here) and I am re-learning. Recent trip to Northern New Mexico and captured this guy. Was near sunrise so fairly dark. Hand held 500mm. My question for this group......Cassin's Kingbird versus Western Kingbird vs other? I...
  8. JPAZ

In need for a raptor identification

Could also be a Cooper's Hawk
  9. JPAZ

Show your Bird Portraits

Been a while. Wife has been dreadfully ill with "breakthrough" covid for 8 months. She is somewhat improved and now I am going to try to remember how to use a camera, again. Needless to say, be careful out there.
  10. JPAZ

How frequently does your R5 freeze/lock up?

Still getting an occasional error "writing to card 2" which I fix by powering down, popping the sd card out then reinserting, and moving forward. Am going to update to 1.6 this week but it is such an intermittent problem that I won't know if it matters.
  11. JPAZ

Here we go again but now it’s real. Best way to carry R5?

Wow. Sorry about that. Was talking about the Think Tank Digital Holster. Need to be more careful with my abbreviations :rolleyes:
  12. JPAZ

With a conventional strap loosely around my neck, the camera remained in the holster on my chest. And, if the weather turned or the terrain got bad, I’d zip the top of the holster practically closed. Taking a photo merely involved pulling the camera out of the holster. And, with the...
  13. JPAZ

@Jack - I opted for a plate directly on the R5 for when I am not using a big lens. So over the years, used a TT holster with a chest harness leaving the camera strap loosely around my neck. Then, went with PD slide across chest over one shoulder. More recently, us either a BR by itself or a BR...
  14. JPAZ

Right now I use a BR with a QD to the baseplate on the R5 or with the QD attached to a Kirk plate on the RF100-500 lens when I carry that combo (Along with a safety tether). Just wondering about moving to a holster to carry on my hip and get the weight off my shoulder. Of course, will need to...
  15. JPAZ

over time went from the Canon strap to the PD over a shoulder to a TT holster attached to my chest. But now, I’ve been real happy with BR until this month. @Neuro……you understand that I’ve managed to do in L3-4 on the left. Hopeful we‘ll see improvement but my present set up (either LowePro or...
  16. JPAZ

To cut to the chase, I really did in my back this time. So, I am looking long and hard at carrying options yet again. I’ve done pretty well with BR straps with or without a backpack that uses a good waist belt (puts the weight on my hips) so I can bring other glass. Now, I think I will need...
  17. JPAZ

Show your Bird Portraits

Whatever follows, I do hope we can keep this thread going. I have been inspired by all of you and learned so much.
  18. JPAZ

Show your Bird Portraits

Great eye.....both on the part of the photographer and the bird :)
  19. JPAZ

Did I make a mistake buying the RF 100-500

If you are going to trial PL5 / Dxo, you also might want to trial Topaz AI Sharp or AI Denoise. Both can open as a filter from PS or as an "edit in" from LR.
  20. JPAZ

TTArtisan 11mm Fisheye RF Mount

Thought I'd try this on the R5. Reviews are actually pretty good. As per information I've seen, it is completely manual. No focus "guides" but does do focus peaking. Can see shutter and ISO in EVF but no aperture info on screen. Because the TTARtisan has an RF mount, no adapter needed. The...