Search results

1. JPAZ

Here we go again but now it’s real. Best way to carry R5?

To cut to the chase, I really did in my back this time. So, I am looking long and hard at carrying options yet again. I’ve done pretty well with BR straps with or without a backpack that uses a good waist belt (puts the weight on my hips) so I can bring other glass. Now, I think I will need...
  2. JPAZ

TTArtisan 11mm Fisheye RF Mount

Thought I'd try this on the R5. Reviews are actually pretty good. As per information I've seen, it is completely manual. No focus "guides" but does do focus peaking. Can see shutter and ISO in EVF but no aperture info on screen. Because the TTARtisan has an RF mount, no adapter needed. The...
  3. JPAZ

Rokinon RF 14mm f/2.8 AF - does focus stay set when on MF?

Pondering getting this lens for use on my R5 or RP. Has gotten some decent reviews (or at least its twin the Samyang has). I know that many use the manual focus RF 14-mm lens for astro work, but seems that the ability to also do AF expands the utility of this glass for landscape and other...
  4. JPAZ

Always learning - A tale of the RF 15-35 and a dark night

All, Tried to do some Milky Way shots over the weekend. Set up the composition with a foreground tree and was in an appropriately dark place. The sky, unfortunately did not cooperate due to some wildfire induced haze, and the images are just so-so. But, I had some new experiences with the RF...
  5. JPAZ

I once was in love with my RP........

"A Tale of Two Bodies" A while back, when I had a 5Div and one of the M's for a secondary body / backup, I grew to be very disappointed in my APS-C results (another topic for another day) so when the RP became available, selling my EF-M lenses and body and getting the smallest and lightest full...
  6. JPAZ

R5 / .C3 File question

Hi all, I've been trying out the R5 in a variety of conditions. I have a Prograde 128GB CFExpress that is "full" after 62 exposures, all RAW which seems like too much use of the card for that few exposures. The card has 62 RAW files in the DCIM folder, each about 55-59MB but has 115GB of...
  7. JPAZ

Message about the obvious - R5 with 1.4x and 100-400

Did a quick image this evening of the moon in a hazy sky. Since I am still thinking about options for long lenses, I used my EF 100-400 MKii with a 1.4x Mk iii and an off brand EF-RF adapter. The photo is nothing special, but it was hand held and I am impressed with the abilities of this...
  8. JPAZ

RF Wide Options...........

I have an EF 14 f/2.8 mii and an EF 16-35 f/4. I use the 14 for rare astro stuff (Milky Way, Star Trails) and some landscapes and the 16-35 as part of a triad for travel (travel? Well, up until about 9 months ago, I used to travel. But these days, don't get out so much :rolleyes:). They work...
  9. JPAZ

Crazy question about RF TC's

Hi all, Still converting my kit towards RF lenses and I have a question regarding Teleconverters. I understand how to use (and the issues with) the EF-RF converter with my EF TC 1.4x and an EF "big white" lens. But, as I move from EF to RF over time, I am thinking about RF TC's. Has anyone...
  10. JPAZ

RF with Older EF Lenses

Been looking around for some information and only getting bits and pieces........ I looked at numerous forums (like FM) and saw a video using an R5 with EF 400 f/2.8 and adapter and it looks very promising. I am contemplating replacing some EF glass in time. Were I to use an EF 300 f/2.8 II...
  11. JPAZ

Buffer, Speed, and Cache......2 Cards R5

All, So much information is available but I am asking for some "real world" experiences using both card slots in the R5 for still images. I am accustomed to using the second slot in my 5Div for jpeg backups....just in case my RAW images to the CF get lost or corrupted. Now, with the R5...
  12. JPAZ

R5 - Star trails, heat and battery life

All, I am a "future" R5 photographer (hoping to get one once the dust settles* after selling some gear). Curious to get any feedback on one of my planned shots. Were I to do a 1 1/2 or 2 hour exposure with long exposure NR active (say "star trails"), the camera would be running for 3 or 4...
  13. JPAZ

The tables have turned?

Was on a camera club field trip this weekend. Planned to have a decent range zoom but also a wide. What I wound up using actually surprised me....... As a very happy DSLR shooter (my go-to is the 5Div with the 28-70 f/2.8), I got the RP because it was lighter and smaller than the 5Div and was...
  14. JPAZ

Trekking with RP - Lessons learned......

All. Just back from a trekking trip with the RP. We were in Scotland with plenty of wind and rain. What I brought: RP with RRS L-plate + RF 24-105, EF 16-35, EF 100-400 mkii, RF/EF adapter, Monopod (more below on that), Lenscoat RainHood (more below on that), 4 batteries, filters and the...
  15. JPAZ

Going lite but hope not too lite with RRS

Planning a trip. Will be trekking in Northern Scotland and trying to limit weight on my back. I know I could carry a point and shoot but then I come home and don't like what I see on my screen. So, I usually resign myself to bringing the 5D4 and some glass. On past treks, I've limited what I...
  16. JPAZ

RRS L-Plate for RP

Just got the L-plate from RRS (BEO-SRP). Seems to me it is the first one available. Although I often get plates from Kirk or even from unknown Ebay sources, I wanted this for an upcoming trip. A bit pricey but: -No question about the quality of the RRS products -Fit and finish is perfect...
  17. JPAZ

Interesting what's happened since I got an RP.....

When I 1st got this camera, I thought it would be a "back up" body or my quick "grab and go" camera. I do still love my 5Div, but wonder what will happen. I find myself passing the DSLR and reaching for the RP instead more and more. Having taken the new camera on a trip to NYC and having used...
  18. JPAZ

Adobe reads RP .CR3 !

Just noticed that the latest Adobe DNG Converter (11.2.1 Beta) now can open Canon RP . CR3 images and convert to DNG. Hopefully this means Adobe Camera RAW is not far behind. I'm anxious to see how the images RP look when I can manipulate the RAW in LR and PS.
  19. JPAZ

EG-E1 and Canon RP battery door

So I am trying to figure out how to remove the RP battery door to attach the grip. I don;t see any obvious release and canno find anything online in Canon USA or elsewhere. Maybe it is just me, but anyone oput there who can advise? Thanks!
  20. JPAZ

RP - Now I have one.....

The RP with R 24-105 arrived last night. There are reviews online but some input from run-of-the-mill users might be useful / interesting. While I have not yet done any extreme testing, I wanted to put up some first impressions: Size - I know it is easy to get dimensions and imagine the...