Search results

1. Hodag

Well, well, well… could this be Canon’s lens roadmap for 2021? [CR2]

Does this signal the end of EF lenses for the DSLR?
  2. Hodag

Will Canon Stopped Develop EF Lens Line Up?

I'd love to see an upgrade of the 28-300 to rotating zoom instead of trombone. Like they did with the latest 100-400.
  3. Hodag

The Next EOS M Camera(s) [CR1]

Either of the big two is just fine. I happen to have an account at B&H, shipping using my business UPS number, CC on record and I'm happy. My Brother is an Adorama fan. They are both wonderful. (end of that debate) I jumped on the $299 EOS-M with the 22MM because it's just what I've wanted for...
  4. Hodag

Canon 6D with 24-105mm Lens for $2499 (B&H Photo)

Feb. 2nd ends
  5. Hodag

Older Canon cameras

charlesa you don't say what you want to do with these. If you are thinking of shooting film. Why? You have good digital equipment. If you are considering some fun or collecting, then I suggest you offer your friend what they are probably really worth. And I think you asked that to start with...
  6. Hodag

Did you use a UV filter on 70-200 f2.8L IS (I or II) during its last use? (Poll)

Not really, but if you drive without a seatbelt, because you don't have accidents you're just fine. I have a collection of scratched and cracked filters and I'm fairly careful. One the wind blew over a tripod (when a freight train came from the opposite direction at about 80MPH) fell on the...
  7. Hodag

missing 200-400 and 100-400 announcements?

Where did you see a price?
  8. Hodag

A New EF 400 f/5.6L Before Photokina? [CR1]

And I shied away and bought the 400mm f/5.6 because I was warned of internal reflections in the DO lenses. Headlights on ALMS cars for example. Could be another case of "what are you shooting"? I have the 100 - 400 and the 400 5.6 and sold my 400mm f/2.8 (much longer tale) The 2.8 was heavy...
  9. Hodag

Transition from crop to FF.

Field of view changes the lenses are still the same magnification. FF gives a wider field of view, crop gives the perception of a longer lens. There's no magic magnification conversion.
  10. Hodag

Post Your Panning Shots!

I've been reading here for some time, never joined (that I recall) :o I keep reading, waiting for the 200-400 to be officially announced. Just saw this thread and it's nice to see people into cars and motion. Here's a panning shot, ALMS Road America going a bit over the usual limits, just for...
  11. Hodag

Canon 70-200 f2.8L (non-IS) vs Canon 70-200 f4L IS

Re: Canon 70-200 f2.8L (non-IS) vs Canon 70-200 f4L Non-IS Excuse me but the IS isn't almost useless for sports it IS useless. If you have IS, turn it off. The IS takes longer to react and focus. It jumps and shifts. Not opinion, just fact. IS Shift Example This is what happens as you focus...