Search results

1. A

Industry News: DJI Revolutionizes Filmmaking With World’s First 4-Axis Cinema Camera

One thing that seems revolutionary is that I haven't seen a single person thats tested it complain about anything, they all seem to love it, which is unusual in this day and age. I guess only real main thing thats unusual is the built in 4 axis gimbal. Also it comes pretty ready to go right out...
  2. A

Industry News: DJI Revolutionizes Filmmaking With World’s First 4-Axis Cinema Camera

I agree with all of this but Freefly made the first 3 axis gimbal, but DJI was quick to copy it and bring the price down a lot. The Freefly M10 was $15k on release and dropped to $8k as soon as the original Ronin came out.
  3. A

From all the reviews I've seen the Lidar AF seems to work very well
  4. A

Gerald Undone completes exhaustive record time testing on the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6

I'm in a very similar boat to you. My initial thought was that I could buy the R5 and sell my A7S2/A7III/Sony lenses and be back to all Canon. I shot Canon video until 2015 and I couldn't ignore how much better Sony video was and moved over. I preordered the R5 but ended up cancelling it because...
  5. A

Gerald Undone completes exhaustive record time testing on the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6

Yeah I second that, really amazing work
  6. A

R5: No 4K RAW video?

It may be possible for one of the external recorder manufacturers to come up with something that will record 4K Raw, we'll have to wait and see I suppose.
  7. A

R5: No 4K RAW video?

I know like on a RED Helium 8K if you shoot 4k there is a massive crop, like 3x (and like 5x+ in 1080p) since 4k size is only a small portion of the sensor. Maybe thats the same issue here. From what it looks like if you want to shoot RAW with the R5 you're gonna have to shoot 8K unfortunately...
  8. A

Just starting with video on a 5D3

You should be at 1/50th for 24fps for starters. Also I would not shoot in Cinestyle, I usually shoot Neutral with the sharpness at 0 or 1 and the contrast and saturation between -2 and -4. The lighting in the videos was just kind of dull, and that's nothing against you it's just how it was. You...
  9. A

Sigma Artisans: Running With the New Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 OS Art

Check the description, the video was shot with an A7RII and the cine version of the Sigma 18-35mm
  10. A

Breakthrough Photography Launches World's First Tempered GND & ND Filters

I have 2 Breakthrough X2 ND's and love them. And I'm really surprised to hear people mention bad customer service. I had an issue where dust was sticking to the front of the filters and I messaged them asking about it and they immediately offered to ship me brand new ones even though it had been...
  11. A

Review: Zeiss 135mm f/2 Milvus

Correct, that's why they're offering the big discounts. The 15mm f/2.8 has also been reduced from $2999 to $1999. I was considering the Sigma 135mm f/1.8 but may go with this one since it's only $100 more (although it lacks AF).
  12. A

Review: Zeiss 135mm f/2 Milvus

I'd like to point out the ZE version of this lens (which is also friggin amazing) is marked down to $1499 at B&H right now: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/909189-REG/Zeiss_1999_675_135mm_f_2_0_Apo_Sonnar_ZE.html
  13. A

EF 50 1.2 L - rather buy older or newer copy of this lens?

I think you're getting the 50mm f/1.4 and 1.2L confused. The f/1.4 came out in 87 but the L came out in January 2007, so the oldest one you can get is 10 years.
  14. A

Big discounts on Zeiss 135mm f/2 and 15mm f/2.8

Just noticed that these 2 lenses are marked down substantially, not sure if they are going out of production because of the new Milvus lenses or what, but both are killer lenses so I figured I'd let the forum know. 15mm is on sale for $1999 ($2950 normally)...
  15. A

Canon eos 77D

Wow the same camera they've been releasing for the last 5 years with a new name, amazing!
  16. A

Canon Announces the EOS 5D Mark IV DSLR

Anyone complaining about the video please buy a Sony A7SII. I shot video on the 5D2 and 5D3 for years and still do sometimes, but I don't regret switching to Sony for video one bit. It's light years ahead of the Canon in terms of video quality, DR and low-light capabilities. I still love my...
  17. A

Canon 85 1.2L USM II for only $10!?

In general if it sounds too good to be true it is. Honestly even $1000 is ridiculously cheap for an 85LII (provided it's in at least good condition), the cheapest I've ever seen them used is around $1500, avg is probably $1600-$1800. I have to say it's absolutely worth the money even at $1800.
  18. A

Canon Announces the Cinema EOS C100 Mark II

So they pretty much decided to sell the C100 with AF standard and call it a Mark II? And they had the nerve to include the term "innovation" in the press release? What a joke. And for everyone saying "no one needs 4K" blah blah blah has obviously never worked with 4K footage and seen the...
  19. A

4K, 5K, 6K and Up Video

I can't believe people are saying you can "barely see the difference" between 4K and 1080p. The difference is huge and immediately noticeable, even on a 1080p monitor.
  20. A

seeimpossible.usa.canon.com?

That's just wishful thinking. No way a 5D4 would just come out of nowhere without a single mention of it on here.