Search results

1. A

Big discounts on Zeiss 135mm f/2 and 15mm f/2.8

Just noticed that these 2 lenses are marked down substantially, not sure if they are going out of production because of the new Milvus lenses or what, but both are killer lenses so I figured I'd let the forum know. 15mm is on sale for $1999 ($2950 normally)...
  2. A

Blackmagic wows NAB with New Cinema Cameras!

http://www.eoshd.com/content/10027/live-coverage-blackmagic-production-camera-4k-and-pocket-cinema-camera Blackmagic Production Camera: 4K Super 35mm sized Sensor Global Shutter (No more rolling shutter) Compressed RAW! $3995 and available in July! Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera About the...
  3. A

MTF Chart for New Nikon 800mm f/5.6

I don't really know much about MTF charts, but I've never seen one that looks like this:
  4. A

Philip Bloom reviews Canon 1DC

https://vimeo.com/58263312 "Because there is no actual competition for this camera, there is no other camera of this size, of this weight, of this sensitivity that can shoot 4K for this price, therefore it's worth the money." He says it's "overpriced" only when compared to the 1DX. He goes on...
  5. A

Spiral Arm of the Milky Way above the Texas Desert

Finally got somewhere dark enough worth shooting some long exposures. So we headed an hour east of Lubbock, Texas, to where it is virtually pitch black. The moon was 1 day past new so it was ideal. Only thing that could have been better was the time of year, the brightest part of the Milky...
  6. A

Sony F5 and F55 official pricing, cheaper than initially expected...

Original announced price for F55 was $34,900, F5 was $19,400. B&H preorder price, F5 is $16,490 and F55 is $28,990, so pretty big difference. I'm curious how Canon will respond, as the F5 seems like a more capable camera than the C300 for a better price. I think the F55 will be a hot seller...
  7. A

Getting started with 600EX-RT, advice?

So I got my first flash, a 600EX-RT. So far I just got a Gary Fong Lighsphere diffuser for it and that's about it. I was just curious as to what fun things I can do with it just to experiment. I've always shot with natural light/reflectors, but I know flashes open up a whole new world. I...
  8. A

What photo/video gear did Santa bring you this year?

I asked the same question last year so figured why not make it an annual thing? List isn't as long as last year, but it was still a good year: I got a 600EX-RT, my first flash and I'm looking forward to experimenting with it. And my Blackmagic Design camera is supposed to turn up tomorrow...
  9. A

Blackmagic Design Cinema Cam finally shipping!

Shop called and said the distributor already has them and mine will be here 2 days after Christmas! Looking forward to playing with it.
  10. A

Nikon D600 $2700 MSRP??

www.nikonrumors.com I knew $1500 was a giant pipe dream, but I can't believe it's that close to the d800.
  11. A

Sony A99 24MP Full Frame Press Release

http://www.eoshd.com/content/8960/sony-a99-press-release I must admit, Sony is really tearing it up this year. In terms of specs it looks better than the 5DIII in just about every way. I'm a video guy so the 1080p 60fps and clean HDMI out are very appealing. These are such small things that...
  12. A

Feedback on a couple new Thunderbolt Devices

So I got some new toys last month and wanted to give some feedback since they are fairly new. I've had a Lacie Little Big Disk 1TB for about 6 months and I love working from it, the thing absolutely screams for video (and I'm sure stills are no different). But I got a couple new ones recently...
  13. A

People with a 5D3 from first batch, did you get the light leak issue fixed?

I don't personally care about the light leak issue, but I know it could potentially hurt the resale value. I was just wondering if anyone had gotten theirs fixed and if so how did you go about doing it? And how much did it cost?
  14. A

Canon 42mm f/2.8 TS-E, anyone heard of this?

My local shop has a used 42mm f/2.8 TS-E, I thought I was hallucinating when I saw it but it's definitely a 42mm. They said it was very rare, but I can't find anything on Google (very weird). Anyone heard of this before?
  15. A

Seriously people, how many of you have actually read the 5DIII manual?

Recently there have been a flood of posts with people asking incredibly basic questions that are easily answered by reading the manual. I'm not saying people shouldn't ask questions, but could you at least google your question, use the search, or check the manual first? I just feel like it's...
  16. A

Thoughts on my first real shoot with the 5DIII

Old Setup 5DII - 14LII/16-35mm on tripod as static cam 5DII/7D- 35L/50L on Redrock Rig 5DII - 85L/135L on fluid head This was my general setup for recording bands over the past year. Camera 3 ALWAYS looked significantly better than the others, as the 85/135 are amazingly sharp lenses and very...
  17. A

New Zeiss CP.2 - 15mm, 135mm and 70-200 T2.9 Cinezoom, CP.2 Superspeed T1.5

All of them look pretty amazing, and I'm curious to see what the bokeh looks like with that 18 blade iris on the 70-200! The CP.2 Superspeeds look awesome, $5000 for a T1.5 cinema lens is pretty reasonable for what they are...
  18. A

New Manfrotto Rigs and Electronic Follow Focus look awesome!

http://www.manfrotto.us/Site/Sympla/Sympla/23242042 Rig looks very adjustable and everything seems pretty reasonably priced, but being able to control focus via USB from a tripod or rig handle is almost as good as having AF in my book. Even the basic remote controls have start/stop recording...
  19. A

This article is seriously making me question my 5DIII purchase....

http://www.eoshd.com/content/7590/first-truly-representative-nikon-d800-video-footage-dxomark-says-sensor-is-best-ever EDIT: For all the people blabbing about photographers not needing one more than the other, I ONLY SHOOT VIDEO!
  20. A

Just preordered the 5DIII, price is definitely $3499.99

As soon as I heard it was for sure I ran over to one of the biggest Canon dealers in GA, they already had an SKU for it and it's most definitely $3499 body only. I figured I would be first on the list, but I'm actually 4th, but I dont really care since I'll still get one from the first...