Search results

1. S

OpticalLimits reviews the Canon EOS RF 16mm F2.8 STM

Lens will work better on the crop camera Canon is releasing later this year.
  2. S

Canon exec confirms that the EOS-1D X Mark III is Canon’s last DSLR

With all these supply chain issues. I don't think there will be anymore new DSLR's from Canon. The EF-M will be left behind as well. They will continue to build existing models until people stop buying them. It is 100% RF from here on.
  3. S

Further talk about the fate of the EOS M system

Canon will give a farewell body like the 1DXiii. There will be an overlap where older M models will still be available simultaneously as the RF mount crop bodies. Some folks are scared of change, its not really not that bad. Your old gear will still work stock up on bodies if you are afraid you...
  4. S

Canon EOS R body with more than 75mp on the horizon [CR2]

Da fuk, everytime I hear entry level R, I think what else can they gimp on the camera.
  5. S

Breaking down the latest Canon gear to appear for certification

If they bring a camera at a lower price point to the R, the internet will freeze over. Canon cannot do such a stupid move. They cannot possibly gimp the R any further. A lot of people are waiting for the R to drop to 1800 (1400 refurb) which is what it's worth. Lower model will keep the R price...
  6. S

First look: Canon RF 50mm f/1.2L USM Image Quality

Ef version please so I can use it on my dslrs and orphaned M
  7. S

So far so good, the Canon EOS R pleasantly surprised Jared

Damn no firesale. Will need to wait longer now.
  8. S

Here are the full Canon EOS R specifications

No IS, No Dual Slots, No Eye AF. On the positive side, specs indicate <2k price. The 1.6 is interesting. Does it imply EF-M support or is it just for EF-S lenses which would be implied anyway since they are DSLR lenses and not difficult to implement. EF-M would require some engineering for the...
  9. S

Canon Updates DPP, Adds Support for the EOS Rebel 300D and EOS D30

Now can they update it for the rest of the cameras. I have a G1 that would sometime in the future open up the raw files without using old software.
  10. S

Canon Full Frame Mirrorless is Definitely Coming, and The Wait Won't Be as Long as We Thought

If Canon uses a new short flange mount, existing EFM users will be pissed. Lets hope Canons releases FF mirrorless in EF and EFM mount.
  11. S

Canon U.S.A. Lends Its Support to Women Photograph, an Initiative Created to Promote the Representat

Re: Canon U.S.A. Lends Its Support to Women Photograph, an Initiative Created to Promote the Represe Canon just wants to sell more cameras to females. There is a gap at the professional level, but females in general take more photos then men.
  12. S

Canon EOS M50, More Images and Specifications

I guess the M5ii will be a q4 release.
  13. S

Here's the Canon EOS 4000D, A New Entry Level DSLR

I have a 40d and 400d, if I can get this south of 200 with a lens, im picking one up to complete my set.
  14. S

Canon EOS M50 & Canon Speedlite 470EX AI To Be Announced February 26, 2018 in Most Places

Oh god, that would flip the community off. I have a fake go pro that can do 4k at 15fps, but i wouldn't call it a 4k camera. Marketing that is borderline misleading
  15. S

The BCN Camera Rankings Are Out, Canon Leads in DSLR & Compacts

Exclusive Sony users are gonna be really butthurt. There beloved brand cannot compete with Canon.
  16. S

New Flash Coming in Early 2018, Aimed at Mirrorless Shooters [CR2]

HSS and a massive guide number in a small package is all I need. You can keep it simple as well with only a few buttons.
  17. S

Zeiss Milvus 25mm f/1.4 Coming Soon

82mm filter, some serious girth there.
  18. S

Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark III Camera & Accessory USD Pricing

Canon figured out the number of people that would buy this camera. To get the ROI, they need to sell it at this price. Sell 10 @ 1300 each or 15 at 866 each.
  19. S

More Than One Active Full Frame Mirrorless Project at Canon? [CR1]

Must resist GAS and hold off on any new camera purchases until Canon lets us know what they have planned. So EFM and EF full frame cameras to make everyone happy.
  20. S

Canon Full Frame Mirrorless to use Dedicated Sensor [CR2]

Long time to wait. A7rii are approaching 2k mark on the grey markets.