Search results

1. P

Underwaterphotography

This is a question best suited for a new thread. And no, I don't have any experience.
  2. P

Underwaterphotography

With your new equipment you'll be best suited for video! In any case, first rule, work in RAW. 1/160s or faster is the target, never go slower than that. Problem is that everything is moving, thanks to waves/current. That also includes you :) If it has it built in, or you ordered it, use...
  3. P

Ended: Amazon Prime Day Has Arrived

Re: Amazon Prime Day Has Arrived Scroll down a little more :) Don't forget folks, deals only for Amazon Prime customers :(
  4. P

Sigma 150-600mm Contemporary

I'm also very torn between those two lenses and maybe also the Tamron 150-600 one. Regarding the TC, I read that the canon at 400mm, cropped to 600mm, offers the same image quality as the Sigma at 600mm. But then, the Sigma is half the price of the Canon and I'm not sure if the other few...
  5. P

Recommendations needed: more than a D30, less than a 5DIII

Nice image :) For snorkeling, get either a weight belt with around 2 KG or a few stones. Every diveshop has weight belts for rent or sale, I recommend rent as you don't want to carry around 2 KG of lead in your luggage. That way you can MUCH easier dive and you are also much steadier in the...
  6. P

The RX100 III was also in my list of choices. You might also check the first and second version, they don't have many changes, but are MUCH cheaper. I don't remember what the changes were and am to lazy to check it now :) Anyway, either the Sony or the Canon will be a great choice. For me, one...
  7. P

And that is still within his 1000$ budget? :) ???
  8. P

Hi I went for a Canon G16 with the Canon underwater housing. I already had a Sea&Sea YS-01 including arms. This setup works wonderfull, but you need to do manual flash control. TTL would technically work, but it produced way to many underexposed images for my liking. It's actually very easy to...
  9. P

Review: Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II

Thanks a lot for your answers!
  10. P

Review: Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II

Has anybody seen some comparison pictures between this lens at 400mm vs. the Tamron 150-600 at 600mm? What I search for is some cropped pictures from the 400mm compared to the 600mm ones, to see if the canon is better and by how much visible. Oh and if possible tested on full-frame. I do know...
  11. P

Guide for buoyancy DYI for flashes

Hi all I just found this nice guide about how to fix buoyancy for underwater imaging, which is often way off once a flash is attached: http://www.scuba007.com/camera-floats/index.html I will try this for my flash :) pato
  12. P

7D mark II battery drain

That is a known issue with some of the first Tamron 24-70mm f/2.8 lenses and the Canon 6D. I had it too. I had to send in the Tamron for a firmware update (or chip replacement) and since it's fixed. Was free to do, only porto costs.
  13. P

Cheap underwater flash

I made several dives now with the flash and am mostly happy. It's important that you use it in manual mode and regulate the power by hand. With this I made nice pictures. I use Eneloop batteries, they hold normally two dives, like my camera battery (Canon G16 now).
  14. P

Canon USA Introduces New Super-Telephoto Zoom Lens, The Compact & Highly Mobile Canon EF 100-400mm f

Re: Canon USA Introduces New Super-Telephoto Zoom Lens, The Compact & Highly Mobile Canon EF 100-400 Don't forget that we normally get 2 years of warranty in Europe, while in the US it's 1 year. That also adds a bit to the European price. Not to forget the European repair centers with possibly...
  15. P

Canon USA Introduces New Super-Telephoto Zoom Lens, The Compact & Highly Mobile Canon EF 100-400mm f

Re: Canon USA Introduces New Super-Telephoto Zoom Lens, The Compact & Highly Mobile Canon EF 100-400 The USD are normally always without VAT, because every state, heck sometimes every city (I think), has it's own VAT rate.
  16. P

Preorder: Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II

First shop lists it on stock in Switzerland for 2'368 CHF: http://shop.heinigerag.ch/de/products/239112. I wonder how long it will take until other shops also will list it on stock.
  17. P

Re: Canon USA Introduces New Super-Telephoto Zoom Lens, The Compact & Highly Mobile Canon EF 100-400 First shop in Switzerland already lists it as on stock: http://shop.heinigerag.ch/de/products/239112 Price 2'368.00 CHF, including 3 years of warranty (if bought till 31.01.2015).
  18. P

6D W/ 24-70MM F2.8L II VS 5D III W/ EF 24-105 IS

First of all, I own a 6D with the Tamron 24-70 VC and am very happy with this combination. True, the 5Dm3 offers many more software features and more AF points, if you are willing to use them. If you don't plan on using more AF points (I only use the center one) or if you don't like to fiddle in...
  19. P

Lucerne, where to go?

Regarding public transport, whole Switzerland is more or less well reachable by public transport. I can also recommend the Pilatus for a nice walk and view! For train (public transport) time tables, you find all of them on http://www.sbb.ch, the Swiss Public Transportation company. There are...
  20. P

Lens compatibility with firmware upgrade

Or if your Tamron still have warranty, send it in for a free software upgrade.