Search results

1. D

RF Mount in Cinema EOS

I've been seeing a lot of rumors lately addressing a CX00 version camera being announced with an RF mount. From my understanding, all RF mount lenses are focus by wire. That, at least to me, kills any hope it would have of working on a larger budget set. Suer dpaf, or whatever the next iteration...
  2. D

C300mkii Price Drop - $11,999.00

Well, this certainly didn't take long. I'm not quite sure what to make of this other than they may be releasing the C500mkii closer to that price range so they had to drop this? http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1134579-REG/canon_0635c002_eos_c300_mark_ii.html
  3. D

C300mkii 4K/UHD60p RAW via Odyssey 7Q+?

So I was running through a few articles and found one from Convergent Design that peaked my interest. I think they may have jumped the gun and written this incorrectly, because if not I think this would be something major Canon would have said originally. The article states: "We currently offer...
  4. D

C300mk2 release date pushed back?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but from every article I had read the expected release date for the C300mk2 was September of this year. I just checked BnH and now it is October 20. I've done a little research and can't find any specific reason. It's only a month so it's not that big of a deal...
  5. D

Green cast on 6D screen

So I had a post the other day about a weird green tint in the image of my 6D, as well as having what looked like a green cast over the screen when compared to my 5Dmkiii. Turns out it was a defective camera and I had it replaced. Well, the replacement 6D had the same issue. All the images were...
  6. D

Canon 6D Green/Magenta Issues

I bought a 6D yesterday to accompany my 5Dmk3, and I have been quite underwhelmed with it so far. I was shooting a wedding last night and when comparing images the 5D looked to be an entirely different league of camera. The colors the camera produced were absolutely terrible. I matched white...
  7. D

Can Canon Cinema EOS Keep Up?

So with Photokina going on this week, I can't help but wonder what Canon has planned for the Cinema EOS line, especially after the announcement at IBC about the Sony FS7. I've mainly been doing documentary work the last few years, and the C300 has been one of the most popular cameras I've seen...
  8. D

What's next for Canon Cinema?

I'm curious to think what the thoughts about the direction Canon will be taking in the next 2-4 years with the C100-500 line. Will there just be more firmware upgrades for the next few years or new bodies? What's Canon going to do, if anything, about the cheaper yet still very useable 4k cameras...
  9. D

C300 Necessities

Hey everyone, so I've spent the last few weeks doing some research and I've decided the C300 is the best camera for my needs. I'm putting together a little kit at the moment, but I'm curious to see as what some of y'all would suggest as necessities. Understandably accessories will vary depending...
  10. D

ML RAW Video on 5Dmkiii

Though it's not useable for video yet (and may never will be if the 5Dmkii can't handle it), this is a pretty awesome direction and is getting me excited. RAW "Video" on Canon DSLRs with Magic Lantern
  11. D

Trapezist Mini-Jib

Hey guys, I'm curious to see if any one here has any experience with this jib, or if there's anything comparable around that price range that you have personally used? Thanks. http://lightcraftworkshop.com/trapezist.html
  12. D

Overly Hot Hotspots On 5Dmk3

Hello all! This may have been addressed before so forgive me, but I'm just curious to see if anyone is noticing this on their 5Dmk3's. I understand the 5Dmk3 doesn't have the best dynamic range, but does anyone else find hotspots to be overly hot? As an example, I was camera op on a short film...
  13. D

Warranty for Lenses

Hello all! So the other day I purchased a 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM from amazon, and I absolutely love it. However, it did not give me the option to add a warranty. Are there any third party options as far as warranties are concerned? I've searched a bit on google, but the majority that I find look...
  14. D

QBM to EOS mount question

Hey guys! So I was going through my grandpa's camera bag the other day and I found a nifty little Rolleiflex SL35 with a few lenses. I want to put the lenses on my 5dmk3 just to play around with some old glass, but I read some mixed reviews on a few different kinds of adaptors. Does anyone have...
  15. D

Best flash for 5Dmk3?

Hey guys, so I've got a question. I just purchased the 5Dmk3 and I must say, I'm absolutely in love with it. Now, I originally only used DSLR's for the video capability, but in the last 6 months or so I've really been delving into photography more so than cinematography. Now, I've never really...