Search results

1. Zv

Do you care about 4K?

With Canon's recent announcements of the C300II and XC10 I'm wondering just how many folk are interested in 4K.
  2. Zv

Diagnose this error

Hey guys I have a real puzzler for you! Background story - while discussing THAT dress recently with one of my colleagues she remembered a photo that she once took that looked bizarre. I had a look and could see where things went wrong and explained how it could be fixed. It was fun diagnosing...
  3. Zv

EOS Remote now with full tablet support!

Looks like Canon updated their EOS Remote app which now supports tablets. Before it was just the crappy phone version zoomed to fit but this version is the real deal. I tried it out and it looks good on the iPad. Still not as good as it could be. I don't know why the exposure settings can't...
  4. Zv

Pulling the trigger on a 6D

Hey guys I just sold my 5D MkII as I thought it's time to get in with modern society and get a camera from this era. I hear good things about the 6D. Does anyone want to share their thoughts? Was it as glorious as you imagined or do you wish you had coughed up for a MkIII instead? I'm pretty...
  5. Zv

Rent, adapt or tele-convert?

Hey guys quick question. I'm going to an event where I'll be sitting a bit far away from the main goings on. The longest lens I have is my 70-200 f/4L IS. Was thinking I could probably do with a bit more reach. Here's my Q - Rent - 300mm f/4L IS (f/4 because the performers aint movin much and...
  6. Zv

Image stabilization and touch shutter Q

Hey guys I wonder if anyone can answer a quick question for me? With touch shutter enabled, does it activate the image stabilization when I touch the screen to take a shot (assuming I'm using the 18-55mm or 11-22mm lenses) or is the IS only activated through half press of the shutter? Can't...
  7. Zv

Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM

I thought I'd start a gallery for this little wide angle wonder. I just received my copy last night and went out today for a test run. Post your 11-22mm shots here if you have some, I'd love to see what others are using it for!
  8. Zv

Cheap 400mm advice

Hey guys I was wondering which would be better for achieving ~ 400mm focal length with the M. I would like to take some occasional pics of the moon. I've done it before and found 400mm to be long enough with a bit of cropping. Option 1 - use my existing 70-200 f/4L IS and buy the Kenko 1.4x...
  9. Zv

Adobe makes photography package price permanent

Saw this article from Digital Camera World http://www.digitalcameraworld.com/2014/06/18/adobe-makes-photography-program-price-permanent-unveils-14-new-apps/ Think I have no reason to moan about the subscription model now! Gonna sign up tomorrow morning. What do you guys think?
  10. Zv

Lens nicknames

I know it's been done on other forums (prob this one too) but I thought it might be fun to see what we all call our lenses! Also, there seems to be some lenses that have no fixed nickname. Let's see who can come up with the funniest name! Who's up for some Friday fun?? My pitiful attempt -...
  11. Zv

Why was Godox first to think of this?

So Godox have beaten everyone to the punch with the release of their Godox V850 speedlite with a rechargeable Li-Ion battery. Read more about it here - http://flashhavoc.com/godox-v850-lithium-flash/ Why did no one else ever think to do this years ago? Why did it take so long? Is there some...
  12. Zv

Lighting large groups, help needed!

Hey guys I would like some advice on a job I'm doing at the end of the month. It's going to be a series of group shots of employees for a company. It's a busy schedule over 2 days and there will be two shots with 30 people. I have pretty much full creative control and the possibility of doing...
  13. Zv

Sandisk SD showing as Ricoh?

Does anyone else have a Sandisk Extreme or Ultra SD card that shows up as a Ricoh device on the taskbar when you eject it? Also shows as Ricoh in properties. Does this mean it's a fake? I have 4 different cards that all show up as Ricoh. Am still waiting for a response from Sandisk. Am I...
  14. Zv

24-70 f/4L IS vs 24-105L

Does anyone have experience with these two lenses? In particular, the IS on both. I'm interested in buying a new 24-something lens for full frame purposes. Also how would these lenses compare with the 17-55 in terms of IQ? Anyone got sample images of the new 24-70 f/4L? I've had a play about...
  15. Zv

17-55 internal dust removal

Hey guys just wondering if I should open up and remove the front element myself and blow away the dust or have a Canon service center do it? The lens is out of warranty. Any estimates on how much that would cost? Has anyone removed the dust themselves and was it easy? Seems easy enough but just...
  16. Zv

Screen calibration frustration!

Aaaarrrgghh!!! My laptop screen is driving me insane! I tried calibrating it with i1 display 2 on easy four times and advanced twice and each time it looks worse. I finally gave up and loaded an older profile that looked OK. My issue is this - there are no contrast or gamma controls for my...
  17. Zv

Saving video straight to laptop?

Hey does anyone know if there is a way to shoot video with a 5D II and instead of saving the video on the memory card, have it save directly to your laptop? Also is there a more technical name for this? Sorry I'm new to video. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  18. Zv

Sigma 35 or 135L??

Hey guys, I always get great advice on CR and I feel like I learn so much every time I'm on here! Anyways, down to biznass - I'm going to be shooting a wedding in May. My first paid job really. I am thinking wether or not to buy another good prime lens to add to my kit. I think I'll shoot...
  19. Zv

Printing large images - help needed!!

Hey guys, I need your combined wisdom and expertise on this issue - I've been asked to provide two images to a client who wants to put them between 2 panes of glass for a wall mount. The size of the images would be as follows bathroom : 210 cm x 185 cm corridor : 263 cm x 198 cm and 247 cm x...
  20. Zv

35mm f/2 IS USM available in Japan

Amazon.jp has this lens showing as in stock as of yesterday. Selling for ¥66,000 which is $800, it's on my wish list. Should I just get it and end the suspense? It took 6 months for the price to drop on the similar 24 / 28 , seems like an ok deal to me. I thought about the sigma but for me size...