Search results

1. K

5d3 Buttons not working

Sitting in a bag of rice now with the batteries removed and card removed as well. Any suggestions on raincovers that work well for both wide angle and tele?
  2. K

5d3 Buttons not working

Some info before I get into my problem: I have the 1.0.7 firmware on a 5d3 with an attached canon battery grip with two canon batteries. Just shot last night in a lightning storm, with light to moderate rain with the Rokinon 14mm. Not an issue, dried the camera off and everything once I was...
  3. K

Lee 4x4 Big Stopper filter in stock

If I wanted to use this filter what lenses does the filter system work on? I have the rokinon 14mm, would that work on there or no? I can't seem to find an answer
  4. K

EOS 5D Mark III Firmware 1.2.3 Available

Still don't know if its worth upgrading from day one firmware to this. Everyone started talking about prisms and 1dx nonsense. Worth it or not?
  5. K

EOS 5D Mark III Firmware 1.2.3 Available

I'm still on the firmware that came with the camera. Is it worth upgrading to this? Do I have to do it by step or can I jump from this to the latest in one go?
  6. K

Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM

That top shot, well both shots really, just sum up the love I have for the 85. Epic shots!
  7. K

Sigma 50 1.4 or canon 85 1.8

Had the sigma 50 1.4 and compared to the canon 85 1.8 (i have one looking to sell too), the canon is hands out the winner. on apc-c is going to be a bit tight, 135, but still amazing lens. that and the canon 50 1.4 are the best lenses you can buy for their money. trust me i'm almost like a...
  8. K

Canon are obsessed with an IS version of the 24-70

One for me one for you! Love you bro.
  9. K

My Mini-Review of the 85mm 1.2L II.

After owning the 1.8 the 1.2 is beastly. Love it. http://500px.com/photo/17080239 Sample @ 1.2. Highly recommend this lens, especially after this review. The 135 is beast too.
  10. K

Post Your Self Portraits Here

http://500px.com/photo/14102225 Couldn't get it to preview for some reason.
  11. K

1dx, or d800e?

You have two awesome cameras already. yes the 1dx is hot but its the lens that makes it. Think of that 200f/2 at f/2 slicing your subject out. Sharp as all get out. You'd be creating photos that not a lot of others will be able to. As a wedding photographer myself, why not set yourself...
  12. K

What to get?

I sold my 3 strobes with battery packs to fund purchase of flash units instead, but not sure what to get. I shoot weddings and portraits and would like a flash on a stand and another one for on camera use as well but only have 500-750 to spend on everything. Can anyone help me find a suitable...
  13. K

Finally got my dream lens- 200mm F2 L

Congrats! My dream lens as well! :D Would love for you to post to your website some sample (GREAT SAMPLE SHOTS) and make sure that your seo is correct so when I go to google and try to find some amaze f/2 shots to show people they have good examples to look at. The most annoying thing is to...
  14. K

What 3 lenses do you dream of and long to own?

85 1.2L + 200 f/2 + 14-24 L that will definitely be a lens. at least it better be.
  15. K

Magic Lantern on the 5D Mark III

So is the alpha worth downloading?
  16. K

Bang for buck 5d to 5d mark III or 70-200 2.8 nonIS to 70-200 2.8 IS II

I had a 5dc and now I have a 5d3. I also have used the 70-200 2.8 (with IS but have used both) and I have to say the best upgrade has been the body. The autofocus in this thing is a beast. Let alone the noise handling. Best I was getting on my 5dc was 1250 usable and now I've got keepers at...
  17. K

Rebel T4i vs 5D Mark III - $850 vs $3499 - Is it really worth 4 times the price?

I've gotten shots otherwise impossible of capturing, so yes. Worth the price difference.
  18. K

Is there a good looking camera bag anywhere in the world??

I have the domke j-2 and it looks pretty good. Bigger bag but I think they make a bit smaller one. Shoulder bag with tons of room.
  19. K

Your Ultimate Gear (wish)list

Leica m9-p along with the 50 .95 as well as the 35 1.4. Next on the list would be the 85 1.2 and another 5d3 would be grand. There are more that I want but this would be ideal.
  20. K

Renting a Wedding Lens

85L is hot garbage. 70-200 is nice to have for ceremony coverage but that 85. So good.