Search results

1. PavelR

Three of the four new RF lenses are still scheduled for release in 2019

Your experience is with two generations old technology. I've upgraded from 1ds3 + 1d4 to a7r3 +A9 and EVF (realtime zebra, dof, wb) + almost whole frame AF coverage + Eye AF (realtime tracking - reiliable at f1.4 on 105mm and 85mm) + silent shooting are the most used features I like far better...
  2. PavelR

Three of the four new RF lenses are still scheduled for release in 2019

It hink that using current Canon 100-400 II with crop body is much more universal solution than another system with poor low light performance.
  3. PavelR

Is the term ISO “totally fake”?

Yes, there is: ISO (organization) standard 12232:2006 and 2019
  4. PavelR

What happens if Canon and Nikon enter FF mirrorless in different price points?

Exactly. + every manufacturer will later release some other mirrorless camera.
  5. PavelR

Fuji X-T3 coming

I shoot mostly portraits too, but the difference is worth the money for me. (I'm now using Sony 85/1.4, Canon 200/2, Sony 70-200/2.8 almost all the time wide open, because AF on a Eye is spot on and if I can not control position / distance of my subject, I appreciate every bit of blurring...
  6. PavelR

Fuji X-T3 coming

56/1.2 does not offer any better IQ than my current Sony 85/1.4 or Canon 200/2. And as there are no equivalent lenses FL & maximum aperture for APS-C (24-70/2.8, 70-200/2.8, 35/1.4, 85/1.4, 135/1.8, 200/2), it is needed to use FF lenses and prolong working distance or using wider FL which both...
  7. PavelR

Fuji X-T3 coming

The reason cropped sensor can not match the FF image is availability of the fast prime lenses - everybody need to decide if accepts the price difference, but IQ difference is obvious - for example at https://www.dpreview.com/articles/2666934640/what-is-equivalence-and-why-should-i-care/3 -...
  8. PavelR

50mm or 85mm?

You did not mention maximum aperture of proposed FL lenses. I prefer the background separation and IQ of 135/2 over 85/1.2 II. I owned 50/1.4, but there is no corner sharpness... I can not comment 50/1.2 - I do not have personal experience with it. (IQ of 85/1.8 is pretty bad on the contrast...
  9. PavelR

Need a RAW Editor Recommendation

Luminar is woth looking at... Following video shows the basic operations in four raw processors. The question from video name is not answered, because sharpness is not tuned - is used only defaults... But for overview of the user interface the video is quite good...
  10. PavelR

Sony introduces lightweight Sony FE 400mm f/2.8 GM OSS Lens @ 12000$/€

I know full time photographers that use A9... I use mechanical shutter 1% of the time thus 5fps is not limitation for me. But there are features that any Canon/Nikon DSLR does not have: really silent shutter usable in almost all artificial light, almost whole frame Eye AF, zebra in VF, focus...
  11. PavelR

Sony introduces lightweight Sony FE 400mm f/2.8 GM OSS Lens @ 12000$/€

There are another two advantages ;-): * Eye AF over almost whole frame * 20 fps with AF
  12. PavelR

Sigma Announces Pricing and Availability for Its 105mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Lens

Interesting question - I think that 105/1.4 will replace my 85 on shooting the concerts = low light and 85 is always short... If the background will be better on 105 it may be replace the 85 even on posed shooting. (135 is not too long for me but darker.)
  13. PavelR

Sigma 105mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Pricing and Preorder Coming May 25

I've seen 5 of your images and 2 are front focused => I don't think that Sigma AF is dramatically improved on fast primes. (I like the Sigma - I own 85/1.4 EX, 50A, 120-300S, but none of the lenses are any close AF consistency to Canon glass.) 105 is better than 85 any time you can not get...
  14. PavelR

Sigma 105mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Pricing and Preorder Coming May 25

You can get used to handhold such lens pretty easy. I was using 200/2 on monopod since day I acquired it, but today I use it hand held even on several hours shooting.
  15. PavelR

Full body portraits on the street - 50mm f/1.2L or 85mm f/1.4L IS

Do you have any lens covering 50mm and 85mm? Try to fix the FL for the shooting with each FL and see if the working distance is so different and inacceptable on 85mm. IQ difference of the mentioned lenses is pretty big off the center of the frame.
  16. PavelR

Hardware Requirements to view 1DX Mark II Footage in EOS Movie Utillity at 60fps

I would try other movie players with GPU acceleration On and Off. (vlc, mpchc, ...)
  17. PavelR

Bokeh: Good vs. Bad?

The lens I own and like the most for the bokeh is 200/2 (see the attached images). There are also other which I like too: 120-300/2.8S, 85/1.2 II, 50/1.4A, 300/2.8. (I do not own 400/2.8, but the bokeh is superb...)
  18. PavelR

Sony users need to upgrade to a7iv, a9ii, and a7Riv

You are right - the battery life is not reason I've switched, but I've added that point later and did not want to mess the sentence beginning. It was my fault being lazy formulating the idea ;-)
  19. PavelR

Sony users need to upgrade to a7iv, a9ii, and a7Riv

I do not need to wait for next generation because I did not get such stripes on any photo taken with my A9 / A7RIII (I do not say that my cameras do not suffer the "issue", but the circumstances are so specific that I did not met them. [Flare is the thing that I do not like on the images.]). I...