Search results

1. C

A Sony & Canon Sensor Partnership Mentioned Again [CR1]

Re: A Sony & Canon Sensor Partnership Mentioned Again [CR1] They absolutely don't have to produce two different chips. They can produce the same chip simply with the dualpixel feature disabled. This would save Sony a ton of money and the ability to have several customers of the chip.
  2. C

New PowerShot & EOS Cameras to Offer DOF Control?

Re: New PowerShot & EOS Cameras to Offer DOF Control? If this rumor is true then I don't expect it to be some filter garbage... Canon DSLRs already use microlenses. Slap a high pixel density sensor in there and you're practically done with a lightfield camera, the rest is processing. Even just...
  3. C

Bought 24-70 f/2.8 II -Soft, owners, please advice

... unless you consider also the colors and bokeh then it's not L quality
  4. C

In all of my experience I've never had a camera with an anti-aliasing filter and any lens produce a perfectly sharp image at 100% with no post. Sharpening images is an art and if every picture came out of a camera perfectly sharp then sharpening wouldn't be such a popular topic. Your choices...
  5. C

You might consider having sharpening turned on and a little contrast if you plan to shoot jpg and not post process... a little goes a long way. This image is pretty sharp for the resolution in my opinion after minor post processing. (obviously it destroyed your text though haha)
  6. C

You don't have a cheap filter on that lens do you??? The pic looks blurry to the point were it doesn't even look like missed focus, it looks like a dirty lens.
  7. C

Canon PowerShot G16 Announced

+1 on the no GPS!!! Why Canon? Why?
  8. C

EOS 40D and 50D Photos... recent trip of Charleston

I like the pics composition-wise, my only criticism is the harsh contrast and resulting over-saturation. When doing post sometimes you look at a pic for too long and don't notice you may have over done it a bit. I like to adjust the pic then come back later to re-evaluate.
  9. C

İstanbul Turkey Time Lapses

It's "İstanbul not Constantinople..." ;D
  10. C

5dmk3 freezes up

I had that issue with the old firmware only... not the current one. It could also be a card error or if the lens isn't 100% secure.
  11. C

First Portrait Shoot!

Instead of fill flash just overexpose a bit... especially with her skin and make sure the ground underneath her or just in front of her is reflecting light onto her. (like a reflector or use an actual reflector). Unless using a softbox a fill flash looks like garbage IMHO. -Some poses are...
  12. C

Ruined photo, or rescue opportunity?

Not the greatest... I'm assuming the flash that forgot to fire was above your head in order to not create shadows on faces...
  13. C

DxOMark vs. Reality

So you're saying if as a photographer I constantly screw up exposure I should get a Nikon? With the 5dMk III if I come anywhere near correct exposure within a few stops (which is a huge range) then I get a great photo with little noise if any. With the Nikon even if I absolutely nail exposure...
  14. C

Why you should take your camera to family Weddings

To the original poster... So, are we going to see some of you're non pro wedding pics???..
  15. C

Need help - photographs on dull days

Ok, I'm bored too.
  16. C

Altai the siberian tiger - R.I.P.

Nice shots... but maybe your tens of thousands of photos enraged him and made him disgruntled enough to kill. You know you really need to have your setup done before the talent arrives. ;D
  17. C

5D MK III Focus Hiccup

I've had this exact problem with Firmware 1.13 on the first day I owned the camera. No lens movement ... nothing... no response at all. This was both with shutter and back button focus. I forget how I ended up fixing it if I removed the battery or changed the to/from AI servo etc... I fiddled...
  18. C

Chuck westfall on the sharpness of the 5dm3

My point exactly... Since the 5D Mark III does not have clean HDMI output you get very little in the way of sharpening BEFORE encoding. If you have to sharpen in post then by the very encoding process you just lost data already. Now you have to sharpen and re-compress further reducing quality...
  19. C

Chuck westfall on the sharpness of the 5dm3

So let's say I don't want to do any post processing on my video... Why can't I have an option in the menu to sharpen it before the encoding process? Seems like a logical request to me...
  20. C

Smallest capable speedlight for 5D m3

I have a 580 EX II with a pocketwizard... but that's probably excessive