Search results

1. Tonywintn

Cars cars cars (and some bikes)

My wife's cousin restored this '71. We cleaned and polished until this baby glowed.
  2. Tonywintn

Sadly, the 6dm2 and 5div to be obsolete shortly

Geeks talk equipment, photographers talk technique.
  3. Tonywintn

Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM

A side view
  4. Tonywintn

Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM

Learning to use my new Canon 8-15mm zoom. Very interesting lens.
  5. Tonywintn

CR in Rwanda With The Canon EOS-1D X Mark II

I know this is a website devoted to gear; but remember that the gear is 5% of the effort of creative genius. Masters of any craft can create masterpieces with whatever tools they are given. I once saw a master flautist being interviewed on PBS. The reporter handed him a cheap plastic recorder...
  6. Tonywintn

Beautiful sunsets

Took this in January at Laguna Beach w/35mm f/1.4L
  7. Tonywintn

Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM

Another just for fun.
  8. Tonywintn

Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM

Finally got the files size down so it would upload. I love using this lens.
  9. Tonywintn

Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM

Taken with my 6D and 35mmL
  10. Tonywintn

Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM

Trying to post an image
  11. Tonywintn

6D autofocus capabilites: let's bust some myths about it

Well, I wanted to share these. The first shot is with my 50mm and the 2nd shot with the 70-300mm. I liked AI Servo mode which worked very well for me focusing on the players. Out of about 150 shots- not all were keepers from an action standpoint; but only three or four pix I found to be out...
  12. Tonywintn

Black & White

Love the Alne Estuary shot of the sailboats.
  13. Tonywintn

Black & White

"Re: Black & White « Reply #231 on: January 06, 2014, 12:28:44 PM » Quote Quote from: Tonywintn on January 01, 2014, 08:36:31 AM My brother's Harley Great bike! Why did you opt for HDR? Daniel" I like how the HDR highlights the chrome and also all of the detail it shows in the tires. I...
  14. Tonywintn

6D autofocus capabilites: let's bust some myths about it

I went to a college women's basketball game yesterday and got a number of nice shots using my 6D. This was my first time shooting a sporting event since the early 1980s. Some background: I used to shoot sports when I was in college in the 1970s for the local newspaper. I freelanced college...
  15. Tonywintn

Black & White

My brother's Harley
  16. Tonywintn

6D: Should I wait or not?

Jump in, the water is fine. I'm loving the 6D. This is with the 70-300L Zoom
  17. Tonywintn

Normal RAW vs Dual ISO Raw Example Video

How do displays and prints compare with 14 stops dynamic range? Are displays just compressing the range back to some lower level?
  18. Tonywintn

Is my 24-105mm f/4 L unreasonably soft?

After I made my post I started thinking about my set-up: It was hand held and the focal plane may not have been parallel to the screen door. So I did a proper set-up on the tripod and did some shots at wide open and with the zoom set at both ends and the middle. I got better results with the...
  19. Tonywintn

Is my 24-105mm f/4 L unreasonably soft?

Is it normal for the 24-105mm f/4L to be a little soft in the corners when zoomed in to 105mm? I snapped a shot of my screen door at f/7. The screen mesh is crystal sharp in the center third, not too bad in the left third but a little soft in the right third and more so at the bottom corner...
  20. Tonywintn

Post your HDR images:

Thank you. These are the Smoky Mountains in East Tennessee. This is my backyard about 45 miles from Asheville.