Search results

1. Mantadude

Canon ISO Multiples of 160 - 1Dx3

In the past, Canon DSLR's have performed better in video mode with ISO's in multiples of 160. 160, 320, 640 etc... For example on the 5d2 or the 1dx2 this was the case. 640 was clearly cleaner than 500. Does anyone know if this is still the case with the 1dx3? I just picked one up, and...
  2. Mantadude

Exporting and Stock Footage with premiere

Hello all, I have been getting a bunch of my footage ready for stock footage, and am having a difficult time knowing what the proper way to export the clips in adobe premiere would be. I am on Windows so Prores is out, so I have decided on DNxHR codec for my footage. When I go to export the...
  3. Mantadude

Underwater Macro Video

Hi Everyone, Wanted to share a quick video I just got done editting. This was with my 5d and a 100mm macro lens. This area of Tulamaben is currently threatened by the volcano eruption on Bali. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjY86pGF7j4R_p_UkVHRQuQ Enjoy! Dustin
  4. Mantadude

Underwater World - Filmed with 1dx2

Hello all, Wanted to share some footage of a recent trip to Roatan Honduras. All of this was shot with a Canon 1dx mark II. And I used a 100mm macro and 16-35mm F4L lenses. Let me know what you think...
  5. Mantadude

60mm Macro lens equivalent for Full Frame

Does anyone know of a good macro lens that would be the equivalent of a 60mm but for full frame? I shoot 4k video with the 1dx2. Which crops the the image about 40% I believe. So my 100mm macro lens is just too tight for alot of my subjects. It used to be fine using the full frame of a 5d...
  6. Mantadude

Can a Lens be damaged when....

Hello, Can a lens be damaged when you switch the lens to autofocus on the lens itself, but then manually focus it? I am specifically looking at the Canon 100mm F2.8L Macro lens. I like to have it on auto focus as I can use the AF-ON button to get the focus close, and then manual to get it...
  7. Mantadude

Battery Issues - LP-E6N

I am having problems with 2 of my LP-E6N's. They show a complete charge in both the canon charger, and a third party charger that I have. However, they won't turn on either my Canon 5d4, or work in my SmallHD 501 monitor. So this leads me to believe they aren't getting charged at all, and...
  8. Mantadude

Underwater Critters with the 5d - Bali

Hi Everyone, Wanted to share with you some underwater footage of some really tiny critters that we found in Bali. This is part of my 'Rolling in the Deep' series. It is episode #10. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPWb5aK-G7g Let me know what you think! Enjoy! Dustin
  9. Mantadude

Bali Indonesia - Island of the Gods

Hello everyone, I wanted to share my most recent short film. This time focusing on the magical world of Bali Indonesia. This film was one of the lucky 10 minute films accepted into the San Diego Undersea Film Exhibition. It's got a good variety of dialogue, aerial shots, and of course...
  10. Mantadude

Canon 1dx Mark II - Underwater Video

Hello all, I was fortunate to get my hands on a 1dx mark II a few weeks ago, along with an underwater housing for it. Did a last minute trip to the Philippines to test this out. It is a short video, and I did a mix of macro and wide angle. I used the 100mm F2.8L and some shots with a +10...
  11. Mantadude

Urgent - canon 1dx mark II. 4k files stutter

Hello Need some help. Just got the 1dx II. And recorded some 4k clips at 60 fps. To 2 different cfast cards. The sandisk that was provided and a lexar. Play back on multiple pcs and a macbook pro. Even went to the apple store to play on the latest and greatest 5k mac. The video from both cards...
  12. Mantadude

Canon 1dx II - Cfast cards

Has anyone used the lexar 3400x 256gb Cfast card yet? Looking for 4K at 60fps testing. Read somewhere that canon tends to have issues with lexar...need to know how it works as I leave for a trip on Friday, and need to order something different if they are a problem. Any help you can...
  13. Mantadude

1dx Mark II battery dilemma

Hi, Does anyone know the performance of the old 1dx battery and the new lp-e19 on the 1dxII? I am cutting a trip very close with when I will be receiving the camera, and I need 3 total batteries. Unfortunately, nobody has the new battery in stock, and may not for my trip. So I am looking at...
  14. Mantadude

Cfast Cards that work with 1DX II

I was wondering if anyone has tried any 256gb Cfast cards with the new 1dx II? Looking for mainly 4k video shooting at 60-fps... I see that lexar makes some, but they say they are for the alexa mini. Do they also work with the 1dxII? Trying to figure out what to buy. I believe canon has...
  15. Mantadude

Aliens are among us!

Hello Everyone, Wanted to share my latest. This short film is based on the idea that we have 'aliens' that live among us...But they are underwater. This is a fun and experimental film, as it is the first time I have done sound effects with my videos. Curious on your feedback...
  16. Mantadude

Frogfish Finds (Devours) Nemo!

Hi Everyone, I was fortunate to film a pretty cool behavior of a Frogfish. While it is a little sad, as a nature videographer, this is the stuff we live for. I used the trusty Canon 5d MArk II with 100mmL. Let me know what you think. Dustin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnmZXMaEZAU
  17. Mantadude

Pointillism and Octopus

Hello everyone, Fresh off the premier at the world renowned underwater film expo in San Diego, I have just loaded up my latest effort. This is an artistic piece...literally. Check out this amazing footage of a Delaware artist Nick Carro as he draws an octopus using a technique called...
  18. Mantadude

Frogfish 'Finds Nemo'

Hello everyone, A few weeks ago I was able to capture a shot that I have been waiting to get ever since I started filming underwater. So I wanted to share here. This is truly a once in a lifetime shot, so I am excited to share it with you. This beautiful frogfish, blends into the surrounding...
  19. Mantadude

18 Years - A Story of a Broken Curse

Hello all, I wanted to share a short film I have put together. Those that know me and my filming style, know that I don't personally like to narrate, nor have divers in my shots....well with this film this was all unavoidable. Ever since I have been diving, I have wanted to have an up close...
  20. Mantadude

Airplane Wreckage

Hello Everyone, I wanted to post a recent video I took while in Truk Lagoon. This is a short film of the 'Betty Bomber' Airplane wreck. It's a fun and mellow dive. It also happens to be a very photogenic wreck. I shot this with my trusty Canon 5d, and all of it is shot with natural light an No...