Search results

1. F

Photoshopped Rodeo Pics?

I was just reading an article about rodeo photographer Norm Betts getting clocked by a bull when he wasn't looking. There was a link to his site, so I went to take a look. Some pretty fantastic images, to be sure. Then something caught my eye on image 64 of 134 from the "RODEO'14 at the Royal...
  2. F

New sensor color filter technology?

Just saw this on my local news website: http://www.ksl.com/?sid=37193274&nid=1012&title=smartphone-cameras-could-see-significant-improvement-thanks-to-u-innovation&s_cid=queue-14 It appears to be a departure from red/green/blue color filter arrays that allows far more light to be collected...
  3. F

Gotta be patient...

Getting by with a crop sensor while I save up for full frame reminds me of a similar situation many years ago in my other "shooting" hobby... My first pistol was a very capable 9mm, but after shooting a .45ACP for the first time, I was hooked. It took some time, but as soon as I had saved...
  4. F

Canon 70D $1,099 on Amazon.

Anyone else notice that the price for the 70D dropped $100 on Amazon? I'll probably still wait to see what kind of deals will appear for Black Friday, but I thought I'd mention it in case anyone else is in the market for a 70D. Cheers... *** Update *** Looks like B&H, Adorama and likely...
  5. F

Auto-Exposure "Crutch" in Manual Mode?

Not sure my thread title makes much sense, but then again, if I new what the name of the feature is that I'm asking about, I could phrase it better. Here's what I'm curious about: I don't yet own a DSLR (waiting to see if/when the 70D materializes). I currently use (and love) the Canon G12 for...