Search results

1. pardus

Review: Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro

Do you have continuous AF set to enable in menu?
  2. pardus

Took the lens back, will maybe check out another copy when inventory is available. Here is another example, 100% crop, R5 on camera stand, F11 - top shot is RF and bottom is EF with adaptor.
  3. pardus

picked up the RF100 the other day, shooting in studio it is noticeably softer than my EF version. pulled out the Spyder Lenscal and is also back focusing as well. At f11 is about 1/2" off. I guess no micro adjustment on the R5. Taking it back to the store tonight or tomorrow. attached image...
  4. pardus

Here is the Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro

I don't think so, look at a canon stabilized lens at the switch and the font for Stabilized S is closer to it than the 0.5 is IMO.
  5. pardus

FREE PUFF CANON JACKET

Just got my jacket today and stoked that it is a North Face jacket. Was expecting it to be a cheap corporate promo wear but this is actually really nice.
  6. pardus

The Canon EOS R5 scores Canon’s best sensor score at DxO

good points there, will try that. I have been busy with deadlines and havent been able to trouble shoot much yet.
  7. pardus

I do have the EF 100mm macro 2.8L but havent actually used it with it yet, just the RF 24-70 2.8L I have found a little blurb about it struggling with horizontal lines
  8. pardus

Can someone help shed some light for me on focus problems that I have been experiencing on my R5. Unlike my 5dmkiii and 5dsr, the R5 sensor doesn't have those crosspoint focus points and somehow uses the entire sensor giving 6000 or thereabouts points. When shooting products, I will select a...
  9. pardus

Capture One launches Capture One 21

Does it add lens profiles? my 20. whatever still only has 4 RF lens profiles and none that are mine. no RF24-70mm 2.8 IS yet?
  10. pardus

R5 IBIS... goodbye tripod. how slow can you go?

will have to try slower, probably should have at the time but I was so happy with the results I packed up and continued my climb.
  11. pardus

R5 IBIS... goodbye tripod. how slow can you go?

Had the R5 for a couple days and also got the RF24-70mm 2.8L IS lens. Biking up at my local trails, snapped this hand held at .3sec f13 iso100. Never thought dreamy waterfalls would be possible without a tripod. 100% crop below. Whats your slowest shutter speed hand held that stayed sharp?
  12. pardus

MacKeeper Popup

update, found mac keeper cookie in my browser, deleted cache and cookie and popups resolved. must of been using some tricks with adwords to do it.
  13. pardus

MacKeeper Popup

i have never once had malware or virus and never download apps that are not from apple or trusted source on my work computer. Getting the mackeeper full browser popup as well. never once ever had that before. Also of note, there is tons of mackeeper adwords ads on the forum now and never saw...
  14. pardus

Canon TS-E 135mm f/4L Macro Sample Images

I have a 5DSR and am a product photographer as well. I have been interested in the 135 but not sure if manual focus is a good choice for me. My main workhorse is the 100mm 2.8L lens and it is pretty decent. I also have a zeiss 50mm macro and I struggle with the manual focus. Tethered, I can use...
  15. pardus

Canon U.S.A. Launches First PIXMA Inkjet Printers with Built-In Refillable Ink Tank System

They talk about it being great for heavy print users but what about occasional ones. What drives me nuts is that I don't use my printer all that often and seems like the ink dries out. I get like 50-100 pages before I have to replace the cartridge on my epson or kodak. I would love to get a good...
  16. pardus

Great Deals: Canon EOS 5DS R $2799 (Reg $3699) & EOS 5DS $2599 (Reg $3499)

Re: Great Deals: Canon EOS 5DS R $2799 (Reg $3699) & EOS 5DS $2599 (Reg $3499) Speak for yourself... As a commercial photographer, it is the best image quality in a studio environment available from Canon. look at the DPreview image comparison tool. beats everything for detail and sharpness...
  17. pardus

Great Deals: Canon EOS 5DS R $2799 (Reg $3699) & EOS 5DS $2599 (Reg $3499)

Re: Great Deals: Canon EOS 5DS R $2799 (Reg $3699) & EOS 5DS $2599 (Reg $3499) Ah... refurbished models. didn't see that in your original post.
  18. pardus

What's your Capture One tethered workflow?

I don't want to have to pull out a cable or quit software overtime i want to frame a shot or change focus points. I have been using EOS utilities and lightroom tethered for years, I can fully operate the camera body while either of those apps are open and then go back and forth depending on the...
  19. pardus

What's your Capture One tethered workflow?

I am brand new to Capture One and having a couple workflow issues that I can't seem to figure out and hoping someone can help me out. I am a product/commercial photographer shooting tethered with a Canon 5DS R and previously shot tethered with EOS utilities or Lightroom. So far I really like...