Search results

1. D

What are the chances that the 5D iv will go on sale in Canada for Black Friday/Cyber Monday?

41.3% Got it. You're sure it isn't 41.2% right!? lol Anyways, thanks for the tips. :)
  2. D

What are the chances that the 5D iv will go on sale in Canada for Black Friday/Cyber Monday?

Wasn't sure what the chances of this happening were. Thanks!
  3. D

Is there something wrong with this lens?

I'll have to do it outside on a sunny day since I don't have a flash. I do mostly outside nature shots so putting money into a flash has been 2nd to the lenses up to now.
  4. D

Thanks for the replies. I will check it again using the given suggestions tomorrow if I can. Till then, I found this image that I cropped a bit and made into a jpg of a ship on the water. It was taken with the lens at 200mm F5.6 ISO 800 and obviously at max focus distance. It looks ago at...
  5. D

I was Micro AF Calibrating my 70-200mm F4 IS Canon lens but even when I finished the image isn't very clear. I even tried using mirror lock-up. I'm not sure if it is because the camera was only 5 feet away from the target or if that's a normal amount of blur for this lens but I was hoping you...
  6. D

Free DxO Optics Pro 8

Thanks! I'll try installing it in the morning. BTW should I be insulted that the "type the letters here" word was, "EFATTY"? Because I feel that I should be insulted. lol
  7. D

Question about cleaning something off of sensor.

Thanks for the replies. I am indeed nervous about doing it myself, but I live in a small town and am probably more then an hour away from a place that could help me. Also, I live in Ontario, Canada; do we even have Canon service centres?
  8. D

Question about cleaning something off of sensor.

There is a drop of some clear substance on my sensor. It looks like a drop of water but it doesn't dry up which makes me think of something horrible like tree sap. :( How should I go about getting this "thing" off my sensor? Its a Canon 5D II btw. Thanks
  9. D

Deal: Canon Pixma Pro-100 $34 at Adorama

Is this valid in Canada?
  10. D

Buying refurbished from Canon

In regards to getting refurbished stuff from either Canon or Adorama would I run into a wall because I live in Canada? I've noticed that Canon tends to keep country boarders tightly locked down. :( Thanks
  11. D

Why isn't Canon working on DSLRs with higher dynamic range?

Even though you don't think you're moving your eyes when looking at clouds and tree bark, you more then likely are, just a small amount, and at hard to notice speeds. You're so used to this process that its not something you can be sure that you would notice, since you normally don't. You're...
  12. D

Patent: Canon EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6 DO

Shouldn't the continuing improvements in nano-particles help with things like a lens coating?
  13. D

Wiley and the Grey Ghost

Ahh gotcha, thanks for the reply! In the 2nd last photo when the hawk is right above the coyote's head you can see that the coyote's heat is quickly turning and its eyes seem to be closed. Is it just shaking its head back and forth like dogs do sometimes or is it trying to see what's over it...
  14. D

Wiley and the Grey Ghost

I loved the build up but sadly the big gap between the 2nd last, and last photo left me wanting to know both what happened in between and why you didn't catch it since you caught everything else. Still, they're great shots, it just strikes me as a story without a proper ending. :)
  15. D

The ULTIMATE Canon lens

Damn! You got me. :(
  16. D

Canon Store having refurb sale right now

I see at the top in the address that it says USA. Does this mean that you can't buy any of their refurb stuff if your from Canada?
  17. D

Canon Can't Even Make a Billion Dollars Anymore

Dropping CS is always the easiest way to go since your costumers can't bitch at you if they can't get ahold of you...
  18. D

Canon Can't Even Make a Billion Dollars Anymore

Won't printer sales continue to drop until it's at the point where most sales will just be to other companies? I don't have a really up to date printer because I hardly ever use it but hasn't the tech already gotten to the point almost where most consumer printers can do most everything a...
  19. D

Ruined photo, or rescue opportunity?

You must have other shots of this guy right? Even better, do you have shots of him from the same position you are in now from before your flash failed? If you don't have that, even one where the shadow isn't as dark could be fixed up and used in place of the current "head." I just ask because a...