Search results

1. C

Handicapped helpers

Having trouble getting out and about...try one of these. So me something that you use.
  2. C

In your humble opinion

What would be the superior Canon camera for non-insect macro shooting?
  3. C

Superresolution Photos with Photoshop

I came across this technique for increasing image quality by using PS... https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Superresolution+Photos+with+Photoshop From what I can tell, it mimics some sort of sensor shift technology available in some cameras. Can anyone explain it in layman's terms?
  4. C

set-up that canon 5D Mk4

Many years ago Peter Gregg made a you tube video explaining his set-up for the 1Ds MkIII where he described all the custom function settings that he subscribed to. Is it premature to hope that someone has done the same for the new 5D Mk4...Link?
  5. C

I am blessed!

Sometimes it pays to be blessed...My 1Ds3 would not start after 4 months of inactivity and battery would not charge. Sent the camera to the New Jersey repair center last Saturday...email first thing this morning with a $250 estimate... called them and explained the problem, the gentleman on...
  6. C

Image IQ

I do a fair amount of macro work...if image size is of less importance than is acute image sharpness, would I see a more acutely sharp IQ @ 300% by using a lower MP sensor (older) as opposed to one of the newer 30-50 MP beasts? Am heavy into PS CC.
  7. C

Please bear with me a moment

Most of my shooting now is tripod close-up/macro utilizing my 180 macro mounted on a dated 1Ds3. I also use Canon Utility Software tethered to my computer using the LV function with the automatic focus changes with the arrow gizmos which I then use to stack images using PS CC. 1000 pixel...
  8. C

Another want/need query

These 100% crops are what my rather dated 1Ds3 with a 300mm f/2.8 lens can cough out. A 180 macro does as well. I'm conflicted as to my need for one of the newer models available...would they cough out better images?
  9. C

The mega-pixel chase

Several caveats up front...I want a lot of megapixels in my images should I desire to print large or to downsize for superior image IQ, am also rather adept at using PS photo-merge (along with other tools within), additionally, my well used, old 1Ds3, attached to a 180 macro or a 300 f/2.8 has...
  10. C

Not what they seem

They were based on real photographs, then were subjected to PS. wisp of smoke against a black sequin background manipulated smoke formed into swans snow mounds formed into desert sands feel free to contribute yours
  11. C

How to sell your images???

How often have we seen this question asked...this is the most comprehensive book that I've seen written. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/daniel-grant/a-book-for-art-dealers-al_b_10800300.html...
  12. C

Am I losing IQ

By attaching a 2X TC onto a 300mm f/2.8 lens?
  13. C

Hummingbird shoot...

I want a really big print of a hummer...I have shot them in the past with satisfactory results but I wanna get closer for big prints. Will be using a 1Ds3 on a tripod with remote shutter, in good light, 300mm f/2.8 lens with/without 2X TC and most likely pre-focused. Questions due to memory...
  14. C

Bestest for low noise

I love my 1Ds3, but the noise is disturbing...anything over 200 ISO requires using software on my RAW images, which softens things. I'm quite anal about 100% PP and "nose length viewing distance" on my studio flowers and BIF metal prints. Which of the newer generations is the absolute best at...
  15. C

Question about image quality

I opined on another forum that by using various PS photomerging techniques, one could obtain 50 MP images by using a 22 MP camera, 1Ds3. The thread progressed as expected until the term "Nyquist limit resolution" was introduced. It was indicated that my gear produces about 4.7 LP/mm, whereas...
  16. C

Canon 5ds r Price drop

When might I expect them to drop back to the Black Friday prices...$3100
  17. C

5Ds or 5Ds R

Am going to upgrade from my 1Ds Mk3 to a 5Ds series>will not be upgrading my L glass> most of my eclectic imagery is done using a 300mm f/2.8 or a 180 macro lens. Cropping of images would be kept to minimum as large image size appeals to me, nose length viewing distance in prints is also...
  18. C

Canon 5DS/5DS R, have they bottomed out

C'mom...somebody out there must have a crystal ball...have the prices bottomed out?
  19. C

Canon 5DS for macro

I shoot a fair amount of stacked floral stuff in macro using a 180 macro lens... any thoughts on using a 5DS were I to upgrade? Big images are my goals.
  20. C

Deals on 5Ds

What's the best way to keep up on non gray market deals on 5 DS-R