Search results

1. O

Ethics of a photograph containing a baited animal

In the end, it's your own ethics that determine what goes into your portfolio. Just know that you may be at a distinct disadvantage, having held yourself to standards higher than National Geographic photographers.-...
  2. O

Show your Bird Portraits

Caught from a sketchy one lane levee road on a rainy California day in Sacramento-
  3. O

Fox

Here he is again, next to my sled. I'd never seen one before, you can see the intelligence in them at a glance.
  4. O

Fox

I had the opportunity to take a three day snowmobile trip through Yellowstone two weeks ago. This red fox showed up as we were packing our sleds for the journey. Very brave & curious.
  5. O

Review: Sigma 12-24mm f/4 DG HSM Art

A rock & a hard place when you literally can't afford to be too critical in a review.
  6. O

Have most now forsaken the 5dMk3 and jumped on to the Mk4?

I just upgraded from the 5DIII to the 5DIV a week ago. No issue with the old body, but it was stolen out of my rental car & I was well insured, so I upgraded and I love it. Would I have bought the new body outright?? No. Not without a tilt screen. My neck, back and knees aint what they used to be!
  7. O

BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

Rinsing the bass from the talons-
  8. O

Show your Bird Portraits

Fish, fowl or foul fish?
  9. O

An Osprey getting a taste of Bass ass. Oops- Belongs in Bird portraits
  10. O

Beautiful sunsets

From atop Hoodoo mountain, Idaho
  11. O

Unfortunately, it was due to some knucklehead and discarded fishing line.... Here she is completely exhausted from struggling to free herself. She was rescued by the park services shortly after : )
  12. O

My best owl shot to date....
  13. O

Show your Bird Portraits

Thank you all for the comments- That is (at least here in So Cal) a Snowy Egret, a type of small Heron. Shot handheld on a 7DII at f8 / iso 100 1/20th sec with a 100-400 II zoom at 188 mm center weighted metering.
  14. O

Show your Bird Portraits

Patient Egret using its foot for bait
  15. O

Get it off! Get it off of me!!!
  16. O

Crazy Deal: Canon EOS 80D Body w/Pixma Pro-100 Bundle $849

Re: Deal: Canon EOS 80D Body w/Pixma Pro-100 Bundle $949 Looks like its $1299.00 when I check it-
  17. O

Google Nik Collection is Now Free

Any reason to grab this in addition to my existing LR & PS programs?
  18. O

Show your Bird Portraits

A Coopers Hawk checking the yard for any Darwin's award candidates. BTW- This was shot through a dual glazed window.
  19. O

The West Coast of Anywhere

From mouth of the LA harbor. Some photoshop effects for texture.
  20. O

Show your Bird Portraits

We have an Anna's (I think) hummingbird hanging around our trumpet vine. He's guarding the feeder nearby.