Search results

1. N

DDOS Attack Takes Down Russian Source of Canon Pre-Release Details

I totally agree with you. At least there are some people around who understand root of the problem and can see it in historical prospective and understand difference between wishfull thinking and tough reality. Usually I could see such understanding mostly among big project managers managing...
  2. N

Industry News: Sony announces the completely redesigned Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II

So I understand that we are in general agreement that Canon, Nikon and Sony have all the latest technological pieces ( optical and mechanical) availabe at their hands and the end results depends on their design approach and how they use these technology pieces. From our (user end) we observe...
  3. N

Industry News: Sony announces the completely redesigned Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II

As for EVF vs OVF I think Sony a1 came very close with their EVF - selecting high frame rate ( of course at the expense of resolution) gives almost same conviniece shooting fast erratically moving object as using OVF on 1DXm2, plus bonus of blackout free and ability to see well in very dim...
  4. N

Yes, you are right, nano USM is linear, just checked this: https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/learn/education/topics/article/2018/July/Nano-USM-A-New-Ultrasonic-Motor-Technology/Nano-USM-A-New-Ultrasonic-Motor-Technology Did not look that for a long time, was thinking about old...
  5. N

As a matter of fact Sony made huge advances in lens design, before Canon and Nikon were considered to be the best in this area, but now new Sony lenses are better in many respects. Part of lens performance, let alone optical quality (which is not significantly different from Canon and Sony in...
  6. N

Canon to release a 100mp EOS R system camera next year [CR2]

Agree here. Putting more megapixels on FF sensor do not add much benefits. For 100mpx it is better go with larger than FF formats. GFX100 overall image quality is noticeably better than from Sony a7riv despite the fact that the pixel pitch is the same. GF lens IQ for GFX system is outstanding...
  7. N

Canon to release a 100mp EOS R system camera next year [CR2]

Same here, edit my GFX100 files on my old 2013 year laptop (4cores, 32gb RAM + Geforce 780m card) using Capture One and Affinity Photo and all runs smooth and fast, almost instantly. DXO Photolab also has no issues processing them, only Deep Prime NR is very slow as it requires more recent...
  8. N

Industry News: Sony announces their new flagship camera, the alpha a1

Do you really and honestly believe in what you are claiming ? If so then you probably see what is on the surface but do not realise what it is under hood - tremendous difference in the sensor technology between them. Just on phography side - for megapixel count you are right, but the the...
  9. N

What will Canon bring to the table with the EOS R1?

It might look nice at first glance but there are some laws of physics which is difficult to overcome - mass of sensor to move, inertia and what amplitude of force pulse should be applied to move sensor in requred position in required slice of time. Applying strong and very short pulse of force...
  10. N

Suggestions for reducing blue around OoF branches

If you use LR+CC you can easily translate what I was describing for C1 into your workflow. Actually I think your problem is general problem for OOF transients when you have areas with different colors - as each color blocks edges are blurred they are overlapping with each other with different...
  11. N

Suggestions for reducing blue around OoF branches

This is interesting and I think there could be explanation for that. Did you shoot RAW and if so where this files were procesed ? PS,LR, DXO or C1 ? Last two could give a bit different and better results (especially C1) compared to the first two. Could you provide RAW files so we could check...
  12. N

Industry News: Fujifilm to launch the GFX 100S this month

The same as me Not a person to have one camera brand, also the same that better not to waste money on small things and better save and spend on big toys. Have GFX100 since its release in 2019 and all the time continue to enjoy it. GF lenses are excellent, image quality is superb, last firmware...
  13. N

Industry News: Sony officially announces the α9 II

So far Capture One does not support PSB when sending files for editing to PS, only PSD and TIFF, and I prefer native PSD, and keeping file size below 2Gb by merging layers when needed while editing. Whatever possible I am trying to do in C1 before sending to PS, C1 supporst up to 16 ayers, a...
  14. N

Industry News: Sony officially announces the α9 II

GFX100 is a very good system upgrade from FF system. I was waiting such kind of camera for a long time (they did exactly what I wanted - many different things) and I also was considering a7rIV but decided to go with gfx100. After Sony announced a7rIV and seeing sensor tests results I decided to...
  15. N

Canon will reclaim their full-frame megapixel crown [CR1]

Would be interesting if Canon could come up with 100mpx camera using own up-to-date sensor technology on par with the Sony latest line of new generation sensors. This could help keep the market very competitive to the benefits of users of any brand, be this Canon, Sony, Nikon or L-mount...
  16. N

What about that EF 200-600mm f/4.5-5.6 IS from Canon?

You are right, discussion was not about merits of the Sony vs Canon 100-400mm lenses. Discussion was what kind of performance could be expected from Sony 200-600mm lens at 600mm based on published MTF charts and initial reviews. MTF charts shows that this lens expected to have approximately...
  17. N

I have both 100-400 from Canon and Sony and I was using Canon 100-400 with metabones adapter on Sony a7r2 and then on a7r3 and then I bought sony 100-400GM and after I that never used Canon one on Sony body, only on 1DXm2. I am more pleased with Sony 100-400 GM than with Canon 100-400 and on a9...
  18. N

I understand that there are number of people understanding fundamental basics but a lot of posts here are written by people which do not belong to this camp and they post for the sake of post just repeating some myphs from internet or some others opinions. Probaly ones which have deep...
  19. N

As per already available MTF charts Sony 200-600 performance at 600mm is on par with Canon 100-400 L II at 400mm and very close to Sony 100-400GM at 400mm and noticeably better than Canon 100-400 with 1.4x extender. So 200-600 most probably would be better option than any (sony or canon)...
  20. N

RF 50mm f/1.2L on DxOMark: How to decipher?

What is interesting are real measurements results and not lens scores. 1. F-stops vs T-stops: Canon RF 50mm F/1.2 has only 1.5 T-stops while competing Sony 50mm F1.4 has 1.6 T-stops, which means Canonn has higher optical losses and as result there is almost no benefit in shooting low light...