Search results

1. Cory

6D vs. R6 vs. M50

Thanks. I think I'm gonna stick with what I have. I video myself mostly in one spot so with any movement I can just increase the DOF as needed. Probably R6-bound, but will hold off and just keep maxing out my 6D for awhile.
  2. Cory

6D vs. R6 vs. M50

I'm a little stuck, but it's a 1st world problem so no biggie. I do stationary video indoors for YouTube using my original 6D and 24mm 2.8 IS. If you get a chance - what's your thoughts on just sticking with that, swap out everything for an R6 (would use my 24 + adapter, for now, and try 4K) or...
  3. Cory

Here is the Canon EOS R6

Any talk of maybe a 40mm (or close to it) pancake (or small) lens?
  4. Cory

Canon will do a Livestream for the EOS R5 and EOS R6 official announcement [CR2]

I do LOVE my original 6D for photos. I use it for my YouTube channel, too, but would really appreciate a dedicated video camera. Might the R6/15-35 be it? Thanks.
  5. Cory

DPP vs. LR 6.14 vs. LR $

Wondering, if you get a chance, your thoughts on DPP vs. LR. For now I have LR 6.14 and two cameras that it supports, but that'll likely change at some point; hopefully not from GAS (so might not be for awhile). So when the inevitable happens does one go with DPP (already downloaded the...
  6. Cory

Canon 50 1.2 Full Review

Totally it. I don't know much. Don't need to.
  7. Cory

Canon 50 1.2 Full Review

I may have had every mainstream 50mm lens and they were all very very good (all the way "down" to the 1.8 STM). None really made me say "this is it" so the search continued with my opposite-of-GAS minimalist life. All research pointed to the Sigma Art. Not one thing wrong with it...
  8. Cory

Is Maybe "Mirrorless" Not as Much of a Thing as Everyone's Saying?

Pretty much. I could really use a 2nd camera for video and everyone says how great the M50 is so it seemed like a no-brainer. Had a major fail interviewing a triple amputee Veteran that was 100% my fault, but maybe wouldn't have happened otherwise. I nearly threw up. Then, when I went to...
  9. Cory

Is Maybe "Mirrorless" Not as Much of a Thing as Everyone's Saying?

So I got the latest and greatest mirrorless camera, took a spin for a day and went right back to my large DSLR without looking back. Had all of the features anyone could want and more, but was just too small for good handling and I didn't like how it came out of the box for transferring...
  10. Cory

More Canon Gear Appears for Certification, Including 5 New Lenses

Sadly, my Sigma 50mm Art arrived yesterday. There were delivery problems so I cancelled, but it got delivered anyway and by a miracle was here to sign. Had given up, but figured "let's check it out". It's a radically stunning lens. Just shocking.
  11. Cory

16-35 and 70-200 a Good Combo to Call it a Day With?

I'm thinking that maybe f/4 on full-frame is all I need and when I need more there's the 135. Plus, all of my filters are 77mm and smaller (4.0 vs. 2.8) might be better a lot of the time. Even if this thread seems stupid I think it may have cleared up a 24-70 4.0 IS, 135 2.0 and 300 4.0 IS...
  12. Cory

I have considered swapping out my 16-35 for a 24-70 4.0 IS and then maybe just keeping the 135 (because it is wildly tremendous). I don't do a ton of "foreground" landscape shots, but maybe a wide angle prime one day for that and interiors; maybe.
  13. Cory

So I have a 6D, 16-35 4.0 IS and 135 2.0. Almost snagged a 50mm lens, but didn't and have a longer telephoto lens on my wish list. I do paid headshots, family portraits, word-of-mouth whatever and lots of "running" events plus my son's Marching and Jazz Bands. Even my "lighting" skills...
  14. Cory

Super Simple Off-Camera Set-Up?

For someone with a 6D/430EX II who wants to just do a really easy single flash off-camera flash on a single channel and doesn't even know what Slave or Group means would the following be a good place to start and maybe even stay for awhile? I already have a nice 32" Rogue silver/white...
  15. Cory

A New 50mm Lens is Being Tested in the Wild [CR2]

I might soon buy a 1.2 in protest. Can't wait until 2019+.
  16. Cory

Original 6D Video Focusing

I was just sitting there with a dislocated jaw.
  17. Cory

Anything Wrong with 50 1.8 STM on a 6D?

Last brutally insane question - Canon 50 1.4?
  18. Cory

I think I'm 50 1.8 STM bound, but before I make that major life-leap - Does anyone use the 85 1.8 on full-frame as their general walk-around lens? Anyone? :-*
  19. Cory

Speaking of the 85 1.8 do you think that this screw-on hood might make sense? - https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1079792-REG/sensei_lhm_58_pro_58mm_aluminum_lens.html/pageID/accessory Thanks for the responses.