Search results

1. tpatana

Which adapter?

Since I'm confident I'll get RF body soon-ish, and sounds like the EF-RF adapters are sold out due to R5 popularity. So I thought maybe I should already buy one. There's several options though, which one should I buy? Basic one for $99 With ring $199 Filter w/ CPL $299 Filter w/ variable ND...
  2. tpatana

Solar eclipse diamond ring

Solar eclipse diamond ring http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=247
  3. tpatana

Anything come from dual-pixel raw (DPRaw)?

5D4 launch had lot of chatter about the dual pixel feature. I myself did some testing with it, and then totally forgot it. I'm wondering does anyone ever use it anywhere? Has someone found feasible use for it?
  4. tpatana

580EX-II strange failure

Anyone seen fail like this: ETTL -mode: It flashes seemingly, but screen is basically black (as it would be with same settings without flash) M-mode: it illuminates decent amount, but any power 1/128 to 1/1 look same brightness Tried on 2 bodies, same behavior. Tried my 430EX backup, it worked...
  5. tpatana

My video problems

I already was talking about this topic here maybe year ago, that was before 5D4 came out. Now that I have 5D4 I still have a problem. My typical video need: indoor sports at not-too-bright gyms. For stills, I'm shooting 1/500 F2.8 ISO6400. My dream/hope would be to have video camera that would...
  6. tpatana

Sport chalk explosion

So, I had great idea. I know this gal who runs a kickboxing gym. I told her I want to rub chalk on a bag, so that when she kicks on the bag it'll send out cloud of chalk. Take picture. Profit. Well, the problem was, the amount of chalk flying was barely visible. Pretty much had to pixel peep to...
  7. tpatana

Help my thinking. Which camera option.

So finally we have solid specs on 5D4, so I need to decide what to get. I already have 1DX(1) for sports, but I've been looking to add: -something better for studio (=more Mpix, more DR) -something with AF during video (either "real" video cam or DSLR with DPAF) -something with 1080p120fps...
  8. tpatana

Birds on Texas coast

Any tips on where to shoot for birds/animals around Texas coast? Not too far south (Galveston-ish and up) on the coast, and preferably quite easy access with car (not too long walk from parking, getting old & lazy). I googled and found (too) many parks, I'm wondering if I could get one or two...
  9. tpatana

Ads playing sound ?!?

Why in earth most pages had playing super loud music for the ads? If the answer is to get more revenue, I can tell that I'm happy to stay away from CR until the web pages doesn't blast my ears off with some Disney-Lego ads. Can't you please opt for no-audio ads only?
  10. tpatana

Lightroom slows down with big catalog?

I'm wondering, does lightroom slow down when the catalog file gets big? Should I create second one? Just checked, the catalog.lrcat file is 5.41GB, and the catalog preview.lrdata folder is 13.4GB. Especially when working with folders with lot of pics (>3k), it seems LR is slower than it should...
  11. tpatana

Canon 11-24mm or not?

I've heard lot of good about the 11-24mm lens, but it's bit pricey, especially since I don't shoot too often at that range. And I already have Rokinon 14/2.8 and Canon 15mm fish-eye. If I sold those two and got the 11-24mm, would I miss anything? I don't really like the FE effect itself. Is the...
  12. tpatana

Charge through USB?

I wonder why the cameras don't charge through the USB connection? I'm now on small trip and was too lazy to bring charger, so it'd be great even if it'd slowly trickle charge through USB, I could easily leave it charge overnight. Short answer is that the camera don't have the charging HW...
  13. tpatana

TS-E for dummy

Ok, time to educate a dummy. For some time I've been looking for the TS-E lens(es), and reading quite a bit about them too. Problem is that without one in hand, the instructions can be complicated. Now I finally snatched one from the Canon refurb deals, 24 Mark II :) Waiting for the shipment to...
  14. tpatana

Black bar on photo?

Today shoot I got couple times black bar on the photo. At random times, and no clue why that might have happened. I had 2 strobes, so can't think they both would time incorrect, so that leaves either the camera or the triggers, and I'm betting 90% that it's the triggers but would be nice to know...
  15. tpatana

Canon RFD-EF lens?

Is this typo or some upcoming lens from Canon?
  16. tpatana

Thinking aloud about updating my body

At this point this is just mere speculating which direction I might need to go. I'll get better idea if/when 1DX2 specs are really published. But to make conversation, let's assume 1DX2 is decent upgrade in terms of High ISO noise and DR, and costs ~$7k. My current bodies: 1DX: Used 98% of the...
  17. tpatana

Why no high-fps?

For couple years now I've been hoping any decent price camera to have high fps. All new video cameras seem to go for 4k, while I'd be happy for even 720p240. Is it really that no-one (but me) wants high speed, and thus manufacturers don't care about it? I'd kill for 1080p480. The best options...
  18. tpatana

Playing with kenko extension tubes

Had some fun this weekend, tried the kenko tubes. Tried with different settings, different amount of tubes etc. This one 70-200 and 48mm (or 56mm, can't remember this shot) tubes, handheld :p Do most people use real macro lenses, or are the tubes good enough?
  19. tpatana

1DX or 1DX2 - that is the question

I've been intentionally paying way too much tax withholding through the year. Come February, I should get decent amount money back. So the big question is, should I get 1DX for ~$5k, or wait for 1DX2 for (maybe) $7k around late-summer (or early winter) (just guessing, no knowledge on price or...
  20. tpatana

Milky Way

Went out last night to shoot Milky Way. I had my friend's 24/1.4 with me. It was late and I was tired so I forgot to try also with my Sigma 14/2.8. But the pics with 24/1.4 came out quite nice. Even I drove to North-WA trying to get away from light pollution, still there's quite strong light on...