Search results

1. O

R7 Continuous Focusing

As I age I believe my memory is slipping. I bought a R7 toward the end of last year. So far I've been practicing with it shooting birds, mostly in my back yard. I'm pleased with it overall, of course I was also pleased with my 7DII and all my previous DSLRs. But as I have altered the set-up...
  2. O

Canon Map Utility

I am having a problem which puzzles me more than it annoys me. I occasionally use the Canon Map Utility to show where pictures were taken. It does a pretty good job of putting the images on a map. However, about a year ago I started using a Surface Pro 3 as my main computer. I use a docking...
  3. O

Pre-order On Canon 7DII

This is probably the wrong place for this but I couldn't find a better sub-forum. My apologies but some folks might want this information. I pre-ordered the Canon 7DII a few days ago with the understanding that it would not be charged against my PayPal Credit account until shipped. Checking...
  4. O

Help: Photoshop Elements 12

This is probably a simple question but I have a problem. I recently upgraded to Photoshop Elements 12 from version 10. Generally I like it but the interface is a little different. While playing with upgraded capabilities I started tagging some media with peoples names (basically a type of...
  5. O

Macro Photography

I have to admit that I have never done any true macro (at least 1:1) photography in my close to sixty years of practicing this hobby. But I have been thinking I might have some fun with it. Currently I own no prime lenses (loaned my 50mm 1.8 to grand-daughter, doubtful I will see it again). I...
  6. O

Blocking The Viewfinder in a Long Exposure

I was reading an article in a photo magazine and came across a tip I have seen before and wondered about its importance or usefulness. The recommendation was to close off the viewfinder when making a long exposure. As I considered that tip I remembered that Canon used to include a viewfinder...
  7. O

A Walk Around Lens for a Trip

First a little background: 1) I'm old. 2) My wife wishes to visit Israel (where she has previously gone on a mission trip but she wants a tour this time). My Pastor is planning a tour in 2014. 3) I dearly love L glass and constant apertures but my 70-200 II is a little on the heavy side. 4) I...