Search results

1. M

Canon EOS 7D Mark II AF Issues

The 7D was plagued with this as well. Ever since I've completely steered clear of Canon's crop cameras. My ff's do not have these issues.
  2. M

canon 5ds at www.imaging-resource.com

I still see a lot of rationalization going on regarding Canon's dynamic range.
  3. M

Canon EOS 5DS & EOS 5DS R Samples By George Lepp

Re: Canon EOS 5DS & EOS 5DS R Samples By George Lepp The dynamic range is the same as the 7D II? Pass.
  4. M

Why does 7D II seem COMPARATIVELY soft with certain lenses?

Unsharpened RAW can still be crisp. This is not. Looks mushy, which is a characteristic of Canon's antiquated 1.6x high MP sensors.
  5. M

This looks a touch out of focus. It even has (I hate to say this) the dreaded "soft focus" look the 7D was famous for. It's an almost-but-not-quite twilight zone thing going on.
  6. M

Same for my 7D, the 7D II I tried, and the 70D I own.
  7. M

Not a surprise at all.
  8. M

DPReview Interview with Chuck Westfall of Canon USA

As a long time Canon customer, I'm not thrilled with the apparent complacency. Not sure why they would release a 50MP sensor that can't at least match the competition in dynamic range, or release a UWA for full frame that matches the base aperture of their chief competitors FF UWA. Someone is...
  9. M

Canon EOS 5Ds and EOS 5Ds R Preview

No DR improvement? Not much point to any of this, then.
  10. M

Review: Canon EOS 7D Mark II

I think it's fair comment when people are reduced to excusing away low ISO noise and DR quality.
  11. M

Canon's high mega-pixel APS-C cameras fair poorly in crepuscular conditions, which are usually the best time to film the charismatic mega-fauna found in the Northern Rockies. I went out with an open mind the last two years, shooting Canon crop and FF in the same conditions. The results speak...
  12. M

That was a quote from the best wildlife photographer in the Rockies, not mine.
  13. M

The 7DII isn't intended for high ISO use. That's the 6D and 5DIII. Oh, and the 7DII isn't intended for low ISO, low noise landscape use either, that's intended for the 6D and 5D III. See where this is going? ;) A $1900 DSLR market isn't interested in low ISO noise levels?
  14. M

I've been shooting with the world's best in Montana the last three months, and none of them would use a 7D or 7DII as a doorstop. The sensor is ancient tech. Canon's high MP, APS-C cameras are great for situations where you control the light, such as fashion or portrait. But when filming...
  15. M

Really nice capture but the noise is quite high.
  16. M

Agreed. And so does every professional wildlife photographer I shoot with. They exited the crop game with the 7D and never went back. Crop or get longer glass.
  17. M

6D vs 7D mark II

Agreed.
  18. M

Canon 7D MKII -- Love the low noise!

Lots of qualifiers there.
  19. M

70D/7DII vs 5DIII + TC

I've used both recently here in the Montana wilds. Even the 6D is better than the 7DII for anything but tiny birds. You have to look at the aesthetic of the entire image, like background vegetation metering in harsher light, exposure consistency, and micro-contrast. FF just takes more...
  20. M

6D vs 7D mark II

I don't think it would even up much.