Search results

1. A

CR DeathMatch: DR, High ISO, Big MP, SoNikFuji, EVILs, IS, USM vs. STM, etc.

2 pages in, and sanity already went down the cliff
  2. A

This Is How You Sell a Used Lens !!

Good luck negotiating the price down
  3. A

Your best animal shots!

Aren't they considered the most dangerous animals on the continent? How close were you?
  4. A

Batch process to fix missing EXIF data?

What operating system do ypou use? For Mac OS I would recommend trying GraphicConverter http://www.lemkesoft.de/en/products/graphicconverter/ There is a free trial. It has an image browser which lets you modify EXIF data (and more) for selected images, and also has a batch convert with tons of...
  5. A

This image may have been photoshopped

That one is authentic. I was there
  6. A

"Higher Bit" Sensors

sounds very much like he confused in-camera RAW with 8-bit vs 16-bit files on a computer
  7. A

BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

Very nice. I always liked larks, but sometimes they are hard to spot (at least the ones in Europe that I know). I guess that camera and lens weight was fully resting on your face when you took these? ;)
  8. A

Before you buy your next prime...

Absolutely. A good astronomer can take better pictures with an old paper towel roll and a monocle than a newbie with 5-digit $ worth of gear.
  9. A

Gimbal Head: Wimberley Vs Jobu

You are not helping, eml ;)
  10. A

Question about my Future super wide angle Lens( GAS. Illness) ?

That would be palliative care, not a cure.
  11. A

New EF-S Ultrawide Coming? [CR1]

+1 maybe it is just a version II to lower production cost, with identical optical formula
  12. A

Zeiss Otus Initial Impressions

So the picture increased the WAF for your photography? Nice picture, beautiful model, and great tattoo btw
  13. A

Advise Please

When starting out, even the included iPhoto is not bad
  14. A

When Does the Year of the Lens Start?

yes. And it will be THE lens, like in mother of all lenses :o
  15. A

Canon's f/1.2's: What is really going on?

Yes, but don't forget to send the camera and lenses in for an oil change every 3000 mount operations. Otherwise, there will be a few dozen atoms lost after some years.
  16. A

BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

1 out of 50 sounds good to me - I had 3 out of 600 that were acceptable. Not as good as yours
  17. A

6D autofocus capabilites: let's bust some myths about it

they should be all Zebras, that would make AF easier
  18. A

Retrospective 7 with MacBook pro retina 13"?

Oh well, trade-offs. I'm starting to understand Neuro's "the right bag for the occasion" approach much better. So far I was able to limit it to two bags only ;)
  19. A

Retrospective 7 with MacBook pro retina 13"?

7enderBender, I figured you either didn't have the laptop at hand or the camera store, just wasn't sure which one :). Trying bags with your gear is the best way to find out. I have packed and unpacked most of my stuff into 4 different bags, in the store, before I bought the 10. I also agree with...
  20. A

Panning

both girls a standing on their bikes, so they will most likely bounce up and down. With longer shutter speeds, you will have inevitably motion blur on their faces. If they sat down, you may get away with longer shutter speeds. Another way to get more blur is the subject moving faster - but I'm...