1 Light Setup Video

RLPhoto said:
Why shoot on a tripod? Just curious.

hey bud :)
i did some reading a while back and it stated that you can get a sharper image using a tripod then using hand held. Ive also seen a few videos / tutorials on youtube that stated the same thing. Plus shooting on a tripod, my hands are more free (and I dont have to hold the lens and body in my hands all the time)

Upvote 0
fstoparmy said:
robertbanksoz said:
Nice vid. Its been a while since you posted something up. Interesting use of the tripod l

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed the video :)
It has been a while since Ive made one, life is just bizzy at times hehehee

Any word on when your next tut is coming out? I find them quiet infomative

Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
I enjoyed the video...very informative, and I love it when folks show the diagram describing the lighting and model placement!!

One thing that struck me, and is just constructive criticism (coming from a total noob mind you), is that the B&W pic you showed, to me...seemed to have an almost plastic, unrealistic look...and you then mentioned you'd used a bit of skin softener.

I wonder what that shot would look like with less skin softening? Maybe do a version with a bit less and post them side by side on this thread?

Anyway, that was the only thing that caught my eye as a little odd looking..but again, enjoy the video and showing the shoot over all!!

cayenne

Upvote 0
cayenne said:
I enjoyed the video...very informative, and I love it when folks show the diagram describing the lighting and model placement!!

One thing that struck me, and is just constructive criticism (coming from a total noob mind you), is that the B&W pic you showed, to me...seemed to have an almost plastic, unrealistic look...and you then mentioned you'd used a bit of skin softener.

I wonder what that shot would look like with less skin softening? Maybe do a version with a bit less and post them side by side on this thread?

Anyway, that was the only thing that caught my eye as a little odd looking..but again, enjoy the video and showing the shoot over all!!

cayenne

thanks for the feedback champ :)
once i get home from work, ill post up a before and after. Now that you say it, i think your probably right (and i hate the look of plastic), but when i look at the full res version, it does show a little skin texture.

But thanks again for the feedback, and i will post up the pics :)

Upvote 0