100D/SL1 Discontinued already??

tomscott

Photographer & Graphic Designer
DR is usually a good source tho as they have most kit in very quickly after release and get rid of it as its about to be discontinued. Being nearly 12 months you would expect an upgrade from an entry level camera but usually there is a hint there will be a new one. Thats maybe what the second DSLR announcement will be later on in the year.

Canon will be still trying to sell the last of the batch whereas DR might not be able to get anymore therefore discontinued.

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
tomscott said:
DR is usually a good source tho as they have most kit in very quickly after release and get rid of it as its about to be discontinued...

But, because they have no idea when a product is actually going to be replaced, they just have to guess based on past performance.

DR Stock Tracker: "We are down to our last 1,500 SL1s, should we reorder another 10,000 units?"

DR Buyer: "No, it's been out awhile, let's wait until our supply is gone before reordering and see if they've replaced it by then."

Upvote 0
9VIII said:
This is the second time in the last week or so that I've seen people point out that Digitalrev puts the "discontinued" label on things. As far as I'm concerned it's more likely to be a labelling or translation error than anything.

Its more a case of digitalrev being unable/willing to stock items I'd guess and wanting to give the impression nobody else will stock them either rather than losing business.

Upvote 0