Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<p><strong>New firmware for the sports flagship?</strong>

I received word that we can expect a firmware update for the 1D Mark IV sometime in November. It’s said to have general bug fixes and will improve autofocus performance in some situations.</p>
<p>It was also noted that there would be “no significant features added”.</p>
<p><strong><span style="color: #ff0000;">c</span>r</strong></p>

Steve Todd

Canon SLR/DSLR user since 1976
Jul 20, 2010
Albuquerque, New Mexico USA
Darn it! I was really hoping the next update for the 1D4 would have some new/revised features. I was a little let down that the last update didn't have any new features, and now it sounds like more of the same. Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate Canon for supporting products in the field with updates. I just wish they would make more use of them ala 5DMkII and 7D updates, with real feature added/revised. Still like to see things like: Navigation through shooting settings using the multi-function (joystick) controller as found on the 5D2 and 7D; Sound level adjustments as with the 5D2; Make the spot focus function work with all lenses, not just the big guns; Add a function to quickly jump between focus point expansion/disable expansion modes. This would really help in focusing on small, fast moving subjects/subjects desired point of focus without having the point shift off the desired point in AI Servo. Would really benefit BIF and sports shooters; Add a Function to quickly select separate cards for separate "Quality" independently, Eg, shooting "L" on the CF card and then quickly shooting an image to the SD card as "RAW" without having to go through all the current steps or have full-time dual recording. Hopefully, they will do these and not just add them to a new Mk V some day.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.