1d x AF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 13, 2010
Hi guys!

This is for you that have been trying the 1d X.

How come after 45 minutes with it and a Canon person we couldn't get the camera to light up the chosen AF point, and be able to track a subject with that point? Did any of you people get that to work?

No matter what zone or signle point AF I chose, the focusing points jumped around wildly and were impossible to control, it also seemed like the expansion points are no VISIBLE, please tell me this can be turned off....

I want to be able to see the single point I track something with all the time, and ONLY that point... We struggled also very hard to achieve this on the 5d3 also. Which, btw, looks fairly awesome....

Nov 23, 2010
Viggo said:
Hi guys!

How come after 45 minutes with it and a Canon person we couldn't get the camera to light up the chosen AF point, and be able to track a subject with that point? Did any of you people get that to work?

No matter what zone or signle point AF I chose, the focusing points jumped around wildly and were impossible to control, it also seemed like the expansion points are no VISIBLE, please tell me this can be turned off....

I want to be able to see the single point I track something with all the time, and ONLY that point... We struggled also very hard to achieve this on the 5d3 also. Which, btw, looks fairly awesome....

I don't know the 1D X but if the 1D, 1D II, 1D III and IV is anything to go by, you need to customize the camera to light up the chosen AF-point.

Upvote 0
Dec 13, 2010
RuneL said:
Viggo said:
Hi guys!

I don't know the 1D X but if the 1D, 1D II, 1D III and IV is anything to go by, you need to customize the camera to light up the chosen AF-point.

Yeah, I owned the 1d4 for 2,5 years, and it was working straight from the box. I could choose expansion points on and off and left/right or surrounding. But only the main point lit up and stayed lit up always. But couldn't find anything about this on the 1d X. It seems it has, in general, become more difficult to use and to find what you're looking for.

Upvote 0
Nov 23, 2010
Viggo said:
RuneL said:
Viggo said:
Hi guys!

Yeah, I owned the 1d4 for 2,5 years, and it was working straight from the box. I could choose expansion points on and off and left/right or surrounding. But only the main point lit up and stayed lit up always. But couldn't find anything about this on the 1d X. It seems it has, in general, become more difficult to use and to find what you're looking for.

Back to the II days then. Oh joy...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.